Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Calling all Mystery quilters... >
  • Calling all Mystery quilters...

• Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-26-2010, 07:56 AM

Ok....so I decided to quilt along with this! I do have one question that I need cleared up before I start cutting:....do we use the cutting list with the RED heading? I've seen two cutting lists and it's pretty confusing! I printed out both but don't want to mess this up and now is the time to begin!So...do we Keep the RED or the Blue (headings on cutting lists) Thanks, Connie
    Old 12-26-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
    Ok....so I decided to quilt along with this! I do have one question that I need cleared up before I start cutting:....do we use the cutting list with the RED heading? I've seen two cutting lists and it's pretty confusing! I printed out both but don't want to mess this up and now is the time to begin!So...do we Keep the RED or the Blue (headings on cutting lists) Thanks, Connie
    I have taken the cutting list from the blog page. Will cut when i get the instructions to go ahead. Will keep my eye open to see what is said here.
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Ok Missy I went shopping for fabrics today and this is what I came home with.. tell me what you think.. and where they should be used. Totally fell in love with this horse fabric...dont think any of my earthy greens will fit in though... bummer cause I love earth tones.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-147993.jpe   attachment-147994.jpe   attachment-147995.jpe  
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
    Ok Missy I went shopping for fabrics today and this is what I came home with.. tell me what you think.. and where they should be used. Totally fell in love with this horse fabric...dont think any of my earthy greens will fit in though... bummer cause I love earth tones.
    Very pretty Jenni! LOL It'll be like a horsey winter wonderland!Here's my ideas...

C-Bkg
    B-Color2
    D-Accent
    A-Color1
    G-Second accent
    E- Inner border
    F-Color3
    I- Color 4

Love your fabrics! I have a few of those in my closet! :) HUGS.. Is everyone ready for the 30th!?

Missy
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
    I have taken the cutting list from the blog page. Will cut when i get the instructions to go ahead. Will keep my eye open to see what is said here.
    You can cut Cuddle.. :) That is the newn' improved list.. HUGS! Thanks for waiting though! Sorry about that Connie.. The one from my website is the best one since I KNOW that one is about right... thanks for the patience and I hope it won't be confusing. The cut list was an addition so I didn't get a chance to really comb that one over..so please bear with me.

Missy
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:37 PM

Thanks Missy.... this is gonna be fun :thumbup:
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
    Thanks Missy.... this is gonna be fun :thumbup:
    Anytime! :)
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 PM

Missy, I may be dense (probably am), but I don't see any cutting instructions for the inside border on the cutting instructions posted on your blog, which is what I did my cutting from. I ended up with only 8 cut fabrics, not 9. What am I missing?
    Old 12-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    Missy, I may be dense (probably am), but I don't see any cutting instructions for the inside border on the cutting instructions posted on your blog, which is what I did my cutting from. I ended up with only 8 cut fabrics, not 9. What am I missing?
    For the inside border, I did not do cutting because of sewing.For instance if the quilt you are making is 39x50 in the instructions and yours is 40x51.It would be short. So I would wait til we get to that step and measure what YOURS is. :) We do need 9 fabrics, look at the list and make sure that you have it mapped out so you know which one you're missing.

Missy
    Old 12-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
    For the inside border, I did not do cutting because of sewing.For instance if the quilt you are making is 39x50 in the instructions and yours is 40x51.It would be short. So I would wait til we get to that step and measure what YOURS is. :) We do need 9 fabrics, look at the list and make sure that you have it mapped out so you know which one you're missing.

Missy
    Yes, Missy, I do have the border fabric, so will just wait til we get to that step.