Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Calling all Mystery quilters... >
  • Calling all Mystery quilters...

• Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-28-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
    I have changed my focus and colors. went to JoAnns yesterday and found some focus fabric I really fell in love with. Im a bit confused as to how to use my fabric. I would appreciate some help. what would be best? thanks
    Do me a favor and letter/number them for me so I can help you out.. :) HUGS

Missy
    Old 12-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
    Originally Posted by KarenR
    Hello everyone! I'm interested in doing a quilt mystery for everyone. I thought it would be fun to see what you all come up with. It is very beginner friendly and advanced challenged.. The name of the pattern is called Faerie Stones. It is my design..If anyone wants to sign up let me know by PM, email address and then I'll send directions out! Thank you everyone in advance!
    Missy :
    Here are some of my fabrics. What other colors do you think?
    I also have a lime green to use.
    I have enough of the black flowers, blue and pink to do the 4 1/2 yds. sections - Which should I use?

Which focus should you use? Focus wise, I would let the daughter use the flowers with the cats and you use the cats. Or which colors do you think you should use? Blues,greens,yellows,purples,browns a black and keep the baby floral it's cute!! You can use almost any of those and you can pick a color you would like to see more, ie the blue.. pick a shade darker/lighter and use it in there too! That quilt will be amazing.. I have to say EVERYONE's quilt will be the choices you have all made are totally awesome!! You guys are doing a great job! (yeah Lori.. I know I had you change a few things.. LOL Just teasing you!!) Hugs for everyone and we have 2 more days til clue #1~ IS anyone excited!? :)

Missy

I would use one focus and my duaghter the other if we can not use them in the same quilt.
    Missy - I may be late in starting as I need to go and buy more material - I will post all material and you can help me pick. I promise not to look ahead into the clules.
    Old 12-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Hello everyone! I'm interested in doing a quilt mystery for everyone. I thought it would be fun to see what you all come up with. It is very beginner friendly and advanced challenged.. The name of the pattern is called Faerie Stones. It is my design..If anyone wants to sign up let me know by PM, email address and then I'll send directions out! Thank you everyone in advance!
    Missy :
    Here are some of my fabrics. What other colors do you think?
    I also have a lime green to use.
    I have enough of the black flowers, blue and pink to do the 4 1/2 yds. sections - Which should I use?

Which focus should you use? Focus wise, I would let the daughter use the flowers with the cats and you use the cats. Or which colors do you think you should use? Blues,greens,yellows,purples,browns a black and keep the baby floral it's cute!! You can use almost any of those and you can pick a color you would like to see more, ie the blue.. pick a shade darker/lighter and use it in there too! That quilt will be amazing.. I have to say EVERYONE's quilt will be the choices you have all made are totally awesome!! You guys are doing a great job! (yeah Lori.. I know I had you change a few things.. LOL Just teasing you!!) Hugs for everyone and we have 2 more days til clue #1~ IS anyone excited!? :)

Missy

I would use one focus and my duaghter the other if we can not use them in the same quilt.
    Missy - I may be late in starting as I need to go and buy more material - I will post all material and you can help me pick. I promise not to look ahead into the clules.

Not a problem Karen! :) HUGS Look forward to seeing! Missy
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:04 PM

I keep looking at the fabric choices and I so wanna play. Unless I finish the quilt I am currently on, nothing else gets done. Can't wait to see them all come together!
    Old 12-28-2010, 04:32 PM

I have changed my focus and colors. went to JoAnns yesterday and found some focus fabric I really fell in love with. Im a bit confused as to how to use my fabric. I would appreciate some help. what would be best? thanks

Missy
    im having a hard time to know what colors should go where since its a mystery quilt. LOL Im doing a wall hanging. thanks for your help
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-149221.jpe  
    Old 12-28-2010, 04:36 PM

I did not see where we were allowed to start cutting. are we allowed to yet?
    Old 12-28-2010, 05:09 PM

JoAnn, love your focus fabric.
    Old 12-28-2010, 05:53 PM

I love that bird fabric.. I have seen it and its so very pretty. Can't wait to see how it looks in your mystery project :)
    Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM

Thanks, saw it at JoAnns and had to have it. got the panel as well. dont know what Im going to do with it yet but it was so pretty Ihad to have it. i love the rich colors in it. I hate to cut it. LOL but Im glad I have the list as guidance so hopefully I wont screw it up.
    The Cashier said that they had just gotten it in yesterday and the bolts I had were more than half gone.
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:16 PM

Missy
    im having a hard time to know what colors should go where since its a mystery quilt. LOL Im doing a wall hanging. thanks for your help
    I can tell you have the first fabric req. list that didn't have the changes I made! YIKES.. Remember I said change a few things around a little bit ago? Tell you what .. so everyone can be on the same page.. go to the blog. Just for easiness sake at the moment.
    http://mysimystery.wordpress.com/ and make sure you have the RIGHT PAGES!!!

Give me a few hours and I'll get to the fabric. Have to get my hubby out of the house and off to work!! YEAH! LOL