Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Came for quilting inspiration and found a Friend >
  • Came for quilting inspiration and found a Friend

• Came for quilting inspiration and found a Friend

Old 07-13-2010, 05:04 PM

When I found this Quilting Board I was so exicited, I found so much inspiration , beauty, wealth of knowledge and of course help, I even found Bow Tuck Fever. Everyone is so talented and shares readily with one another and I sure appreciate that.
    What I didn't see coming was a new local friendship. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet OraLee ( Cindy ) last night. What a delightful sweet person. We had such nice time talking and sharing. Cindy, thank you for inviting me into your home, I am looking forward to our next visit..... and thank you to who ever created this board and all those that keep it going. :)
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:05 PM

This is so cool! Isn't it great to meet someone who shares your love of quilting?
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
    Google Goddess

that is awesome, I have also met others on this board in person, chatted by phone, private messages and live chat
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM

Connecting with people we share quilting with is one of the best parts of this board. I get to meet a board member tomorrow for coffee. We found out yesterday that she only lives a few blocks away. I have been given so much support on the board and have received help, not only for quilting but for going through life's trials. I am so grateful for the members of this board.
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
    Gal

Me too!! I joined to look for help and inspiration and I made a new friend in Australia, we e-mail each other, and talked on Skype for the first time the other week, so exciting!

Gal
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM

Smiling, I am happy to hear that friendships come about, I have made contact with one myself from the board and hope to soon meet up and have a grand ole time and form a Friend in Quilting relationship!
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

That is wonderful.. I talked to Leaha on the phone the other night and I so enjoyed the conversation. I can't wait to meet.
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM

I, too, am so glad to have found this board! It has a flavor all it's own....there is so much talent here, everyone is so helpful, and I must send a "Shout Out" to our Moderators who keep this board on track...your efforts are appreciated! I think that one of my favorites (besides all of the talented quilters) is the management of topics. Everything is so orderly, there is no frustration in looking for something--so once again, THANK YOU....and that is for all of the wonderful members who really make this board the best by sharing your talents and inspiration with all of us!
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:23 PM

I'd like to put in my 2 cents worth too....I have met a wonderful lady onboard and she has given me so much help, info & inspiration too, thru emails, ph calls and finally in person.
    There are many other's on board too that I have enjoyed chatting with and appreciate all who have given me great joy in learning to quilt & to share stories with.
    Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 PM

I have also met someone and we are going to her guilr meeting at the end of the month. Are we not blessed!