Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Can I cry now or should I wait? >
  • Can I cry now or should I wait?

• Can I cry now or should I wait?

Old 01-13-2012, 05:12 PM

I am so happy for you that you got it working. I know how sickening it is when the sm won't go. I live 150 miles from the only pfaff dealer in Ar. Until we moved about a year ago we lived only 2 miles from him. I do have my mother's Singer 401 as a backup so I wouldn't be completely out of business if the pfaff got sick. But I would be sick.
    Old 01-13-2012, 05:18 PM

That's so frustrating! Did you check to make sure you hadn't bent the needle? My machine has done some strange things and I've done everything I can think of short of throwing it out the window only to find the needle was bent at some point. I do hope you're able to get some customer service and get your machine fixed.
    Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM

i have a brother se350 it done the same thing and i just kept fooling with the wheel and it finally broke loose and it works fine
    Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM

so sorry to hear this...check it out inch by inch and I'd say change the needle too.
    Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 PM

So sorry for your problem, I have not had anything like this to happen, but I did have a similar problem to one other poster on my Brother Innovis 1250D which is an embroidery machine, it was still under warranty when it happened, and the culprit was a small piece of thread left between the tension discs(which are hidden) when the thread broke, I watched him take off the top and clear the thread, and now I know what to do if it happens again.
    Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM

It is running pretty good right now so whatever I did must have done the trick. I have taken apart the parts I can, given them a good cleaning and a drop of oil here or there and all is good for now. I also turned down the speed on my machine, put in a new needle and re-threaded everything.
    I've decided for the bowtuck, I was just going to finish quilting the lower body since it was just a simple straight stitch anyway, i'm leaving the upper body un-quilted. At this point I just want to finish it. I'm also going to do a simple cross hatch on the lining since it will take all the strain from whatever I put in it. Maybe next time I will try quilting the whole thing.
    Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 PM

Go ahead and have a good cry. Your not alone, i dislike the quilting part of quilting also!
    Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 PM

I am assuming yours is computerized. Once I tried to clean my Babylock sewing/embroidery machine by taking almost everything apart, wanted to save on a cleaning bill. Ha! What a mistake that was. I really messed something up and it would cost me so much to get the new computerized part that it is prohibitive. So my Babylock is dead and I am very sad because I loved it so much. It had all of the decorative stitches as well as the embroidery function. Had downloaded hundreds of patterns for it and will now have to buy a new device to download for the Bernina plus the blank card. So I am ending up paying a lot more for the used Bernina and the downloading device than it would have cost to have it cleaned professionally. Live and learn (the hard and expensive way.) Warning: let the professionals do the cleaning except for very minor things.