Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Can this quilt be saved? >
  • Can this quilt be saved?

• Can this quilt be saved?

Old 11-20-2011, 06:40 AM

I agree here. I would not want her to do it a second time and I would never have her do anything else. It will be a lot of work to take it out but, when you find another person to do it, maybe they can give you a quote to take it out for you. I hope you are able to get it done in time to give at Christmas. GOD BLESS!

Originally Posted by nabobw
    I would take it out and ask for my money back
    Old 11-20-2011, 06:47 AM

I would request my money back from the LAQ, the large holes in the backing has ruined it. Sure hope the quilt top hasn't been ruined. I would not have her requilt it, she may ruin the quilt top.
    Apparantly she doesn't have her machine adjusted correctly.
    Sorry to see this poor workmanship on your quilt.
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:04 AM

I agree with returning that quilt to the LA. However, I would not allow that person to do it again...apparently she/he does not know how to adjust the tension on the machine and never seems to look at the back of the work to make sure all is well. I would bring it to the person, show them mess on the back and strongly request a refund. If she/he refuses to refund, just say OK, but remember word of mouth is a powerful tool!!!!!

Please let us know the outcome of this sad tale...........as far as it being a Christmas present....take a pic of the front and send with a card explaining why the delay and I am sure the recipient will be more than willing to wait.........Just my thoughts on this.....
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:04 AM

I would be sick to get a quilt back in this condition. It seems that your quilter didn't check the back while she was quilting it. If she had checked the back she would have found out that there was a problem. Take it back to her and make her fix it. I don't think I would take any more quilts to her to be quilted.
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 AM

I rented a longarm once and this happened. It started out at first working fine then after a couple of feet it went wacky. the top looked great and I had no idea. It was because there was lint in the bobbin they said. Even when they came and changed the bobbing they did not check it. They were very nice and did not charge me for the time on the machine. They suggested washing it because that often makes it sink into the fabric. They offered to pick it out for me if that didn't work. It was not perfect after washing it but was much better so I just left it. Too long a drive (3 hours) to go back for that. If you paid for that, I would certainly take it back!!! I know how sick I felt after seeing mine come off but no charge for it did help the sick gut feeling. It was not something on a time line though. The quicker you take it back the better.
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:26 AM

I'm a longarmer, I would not send this quilt to you like this. I would take it back or ask for my money back. Did
    you send it off to someone ? But yes it all has to come out.

Diana
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:35 AM

I am so glad you are going to get a refund from this "person!" Also glad she has not started on the second quilt. I know you feel better at least getting your money back. Again, so sorry this happened. It will get better, and you have made a memory that you and your friend will laugh about one day. Blessings ...
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:37 AM

It's a mess and your LA quilter created it. Before you start ripping it out have them take a look at it and see what they say. I'd go from there. Let us know what happens okay, in case this should ever happen to any of us.
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:48 AM

I would take it back and have HER take it out, give her a time limit and also tell her you want quite a bit of your money back. Also tell her that if she doesn't, you'll be telling your friends about her, maybe even take out an ad in the local paper, telling about her shoddy work.
    Old 11-20-2011, 07:52 AM

I would get my money back and find someone else to do the quilting..What was she using for a needle?? those holes are big enough to drive a MatchBox car thru