Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Can a Store Have TOO Much Fabric? >
  • Can a Store Have TOO Much Fabric?

• Can a Store Have TOO Much Fabric?

Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 PM

I drove my lovely wife, QuiltingGrannie,to Mary Jo's Fabric Warehouse in Gastonia, NC, this weekend. Yep, waaaaay too much fabric. I get confused because I am partially color blind. 3 hours at the store, I slept about 45 minutes of it. But. a fun trip and she got fabric and some other items. Remember, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. <grin>
    Old 06-13-2010, 12:09 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MyWifeMadeME
    I drove my lovely wife, QuiltingGrannie,to Mary Jo's Fabric Warehouse in Gastonia, NC, this weekend. Yep, waaaaay too much fabric. I get confused because I am partially color blind. 3 hours at the store, I slept about 45 minutes of it. But. a fun trip and she got fabric and some other items. Remember, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. <grin>
    Yes, he did and yes, my DH is now a member! I'll post pics later and do a show and tell of what 'too much fabric looks like. :thumbup: :thumbdown: It has it's pluses and minuses.
    Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM
    Google Goddess

where was the fabric store at????

Originally Posted by Tootsie
    I visited a quilt shop this week and was so overwhelmed by all of the fabric that I couldn't really "see" what they had! I travel quite a bit and make it a point to find LQSs. Some are smaller and decisions on what to buy are easier. Others are large with hundreds, or thousands, of bolts and I just stand frozen to the spot! I almost feel dizzy! Anyone else experience this?

Fortunately, as evidenced by my stash, this isn't a permanent problem :lol:
    Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 PM

Well welcome to the group! And I know what you mean about Mary Jo's! I've been there and had to ship some fabric home because it wouldn't fit in my suitcase!

And I'm gonna tell my husband that there's another DH who has "seen the light"!
    Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
    Does a bear poop in the woods? :lol:
    Yep, and always where I'm walking....
    Old 06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
    Banned

hahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
    To be a member here you have to know how to cook breakfast because we take turns.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-85129.gif  
    Old 06-13-2010, 01:13 PM

Only once did I go someplace that had too much and it was Blue Bamboo the online store. I went to their physical space. Talk about overwhelming! But it was COOOL!! would go there again.
    Old 06-13-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tootsie
    I visited a quilt shop this week and was so overwhelmed by all of the fabric that I couldn't really "see" what they had! I travel quite a bit and make it a point to find LQSs. Some are smaller and decisions on what to buy are easier. Others are large with hundreds, or thousands, of bolts and I just stand frozen to the spot! I almost feel dizzy! Anyone else experience this?

Fortunately, as evidenced by my stash, this isn't a permanent problem :lol:
    I think it's quite possible that excess is daunting, especially if you want to match or if you are looking for something very specific, in other words, if you are HUNTING. But usually when I am in a quilt shop, I'm GATHERING fabric so there's no problem! The more the merrier.
    Old 06-13-2010, 01:26 PM

tootsie, I agree with you, a shop that has soo many bolts can be overwhelming. One I go to a few times a year is like that, I need to go with a plan in mind.
    Old 06-13-2010, 02:14 PM
    Power Poster

It would only be a problem if I was limited on the amount of time I had to spend there :D:D:D