Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Canadian Swapers >
  • Canadian Swapers

• Canadian Swapers

Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 AM

I dont know of a canadian swap. But I would be interested also
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:23 AM

I too am a Canadian and would be happy to participate as well. What kind of swap would we start with? I think maybe something that is easy for the first go round.....just to see how it all works with everyone and our PO system.
    Maybe an ugly sway or a fq swap or ?????
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:31 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by imsewnso
    I too am a Canadian and would be happy to participate as well. What kind of swap would we start with? I think maybe something that is easy for the first go round.....just to see how it all works with everyone and our PO system.
    Maybe an ugly sway or a fq swap or ?????
    I agree ... keep it simple for the first round!!

I don't think I would want an ugly swap ... at any time!
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:33 AM

Since so many of our Canadian friends to the North may read this post, perhaps someone can help me locate a pattern that appears to have been produced in Canada. The company was called Patchworks Plus and the name of the pattern is Vintage Patchwork. It appears to be a row-by-row pattern. I've tried searching the internet far and wide, but cannot locate the pattern, and evidently the company is out of business. If anyone has the pattern and is willing to sell it to me, please send me a PM. Thanks!!
    Old 10-07-2014, 08:41 AM

I'd hate to see this die. Can anyone host this swap. Is there a site on how to host a swap. I'm really intimdated about trying this, it just sounds like it must be so organised (we don't get along).LOL.
    Old 10-07-2014, 08:49 AM

Another Canadian here! I'm a new quilter and don't really know what all is entailed in a swap but it sounds like fun - I'm interested!
    Old 10-07-2014, 09:50 AM

I don't have a clue on how to host a swap, but I'd be willing to help. I'm not too well versed on computer but I'm trying hard. When one gets to my age a lot of brain cells have been lost. I wonder if a member from the US has experience and can give us a head's up on the procedure. I'm sure that between a few of us we can find a way.

One suggestion for a start on what to swap would be FQ's. Unwashed. FQ can easily be washed by those who prefer to wash fabrics before sewing. I wash all my fabrics when I get them into the house but I know many do not. And, since fabrics can be washed and not unwashed, unwashed seems best to me.

We already know that we must check in with Patrice, so that's a start. I agree, lets not let this die. I'm always open to learning something new.
    Old 10-07-2014, 10:10 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by RainyBC
    .......... I wash all my fabrics when I get them into the house but I know many do not. And, since fabrics can be washed and not unwashed, unwashed seems best to me.............
    I'm another who washes all my fabrics before they arrive into my sewing room.

If it is a "theme" swap (eg. all floral fabrics or whatever is decided), that many of us might have fabrics in our stash that might be a better fit for the swap, than something we might find if we go out purposely shopping.

Perhaps the stipulation could be made that if washed, they must be well pressed and trimmed to the full size of a fat quarter (if that's the size we go with).

Plus the fat quarter size would need to be specified ..... Canadian Fat? or American Fat?
    Old 10-07-2014, 10:35 AM

There you go! I didn't know there was a difference between Canadian FQ and U.S. FQ. Washed pressed and trimmed to size sounds good to me. I have a few FQ bundles on order so either way if fine for me. Thanks for the info.
    Old 10-07-2014, 10:50 AM

I think it is awesome that those of you in Canada are reaching out to one another for a lower postage swap. I know I am finding postage in general, for PIFs and such is just getting to be such a strain.
    I find myself wondering how we will be able to reach out to one another when postage finally becomes prohibitive.

Anyway, I cheer you on and think it's a wonderful idea!!! You go up there!!!