Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Carrier for sewing machine >
  • Carrier for sewing machine

• Carrier for sewing machine

Old 08-05-2014, 06:10 AM

I bought the one like Peckish at Harbor Freight & on sale & with coupon paid only $15.95. Works fine.
    Old 08-05-2014, 06:42 AM

You don't say what kind and size your machine is. I purchased a Coleman cooler on wheels for my Featherweight. It is soft-sided with an inner hard plastic shell. I bought one a size larger than the machne so that I could fit in my fabrics, light, fan, etc. It has a top zipper pocket that is about 2" high so that I can fit several square and rectangular rulers up to and including my 12-1/2" square, plus scissors, markers, etc. Plus it has several outside pockets for snacks, drinks, etc. It's great for classes and workshops.

On the last day of last year's Houston Quilt Festival, I got a medium Tutto case for half price. I would never have bought one for full price, but couldn't pass it up. A few years ago, my sister bought 7 king size batts of W&N 80/20 for $100 plus tax. Because she had no way to get them home, she told me to use what I wanted and left them all with me. If you go to a national or international quilt show with lots of vendors, plan your travel to stay the last day. Vendors would rather discount their merchandise than pack it up.
    Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Allbrands.com sells Tutto cases cheaper than anywhere. I have purchased several from them.
    Old 08-05-2014, 07:50 AM

My machine has a hard plastic case that it came with & I carefully strap it on a little wheeled luggage carrier (which we don't need now as the suitcases all have wheels) when I need to cart it anyplace. Most retreats I attend have stairs at some point so it doesn't matter what machine you have, you still end up carrying it for those, and the smaller the carrier the easier it is.
    Old 08-05-2014, 08:08 AM

I bought one from Joann's too - inexpensive and does the trick. Padded nicely, with pockets. You could go upscale, but if you aren't lugging the thing out and back home every day you probably don't need it.
    Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 AM

I do have a Tutto bag and love it. Although I got mine years ago it is still going strong. What I love: Sturdy/ Wheels move easily/can be used as regular luggage and my favorite it is collapseable. I didn't have room to store a carrier and this was my primary requirement, I also needed regular luggage so that sealed the deal as I can use it for both. By the way, I noticed that joanns online does or did have a Tutto case and they sometimes have it on sale. I think they may only have the one size, so if you are interested check out the Tutto website to see what you need.
    Old 08-05-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Joset
    i bought mine at my janome dealer when i bought my new machine. it is on wheels really nice
    I was given one when I bought my new machine, but I find it too flimsy - the strap to hold the machine came off the first time I tightened it up, and it's so bulky to load etc.
    I bought a rolling (collapsible) hand cart and made a bag specifically sized for my machine.
    Old 08-05-2014, 07:22 PM

I found a rolling padded softside cooler at big lots. it works well for what i need.