Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Cat odor >
  • Cat odor

• Cat odor

Old 10-15-2011, 02:50 PM

sprinkle baking soda and the clubsoda after is tried i use a spray of mouthwash they never marked there again and I have 10 indoor cats
    Old 10-15-2011, 02:54 PM

The grout is porous, But you may be able to seal it against liquids.

I am going to have it ripped up and replaced with ceramic tile because it is non-porous. BTW, the kitty disappeared eventually. I loved her, but hated her bad habits which I tried everything to break with no success.[/quote]
    Old 10-15-2011, 02:59 PM

I just found out that whit vingar will take the urine smell out of the carpet. Give it a try you have nothing to lose
    Old 10-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Our female cat has decided to mark her territory in my carpeted sewing room. I have shampooed the carpet with regular carpet shampoo. I looked at some options online but my question is do any of them really work. I'd be happy with a wood floor in there which is what we will do if we tear out the carpet but is that what we need to do or can I get it out?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    I hate to tell you but once they go the odor will go into your hardwood floors it's hard to get out . But here's what you might try. I use to drive truck and when we hauled raw chicken the trl would really stink afterwards even after it was washed out. So we would get a can of coffee cheap and put it on the floor and closed it up. It would take the smell out. So you might want to put some ground up coffee in a lid or a sock type thing or just try rubbing it into the place gently and see if that works.Sprinkle some on the carpet all over and leave it there a bit then vaacumm and see if that works. I hope it will
    Old 10-15-2011, 06:06 PM

My cat sometimes gets an "attitude" and the best product I have found to get rid of the odor is called Zero Odor. Before I could only find it online, but now I think they sell it at PetCo. It's a little pricey, but it really does get out the odor.
    Old 10-15-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
    I used this http://www.antiickypoo.com/index.htm when I had elder cats with troubles there for a while.

I got a blacklight to help but I knew where most of the problems were. And we were starting to get pretty bad :-(

I had tried a lot of other remedies but this is the 1st that took away ALL the odor.

After all those kitties were gone and we were getting new carpet I sprayed it again on the subfloor just because I had extra really because there was no longer any odor even putting your nose on the wood LOL
    Thanks for posting this site. I just went there and purchased the pre-treament and one of the kits. They say money back if it doesn't work. So I am going to give it a try. I sure hope it works.
    Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM

NATURES MIRACLE is truly a miracle product! I have six cats so there will be an occasional 'oops'. It is so worth it!!! I have also used Oxyclean diluted in hot water in my carpet cleaner.
    Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Nature's Miracle is an encyme killer. It works. (We primarily use it to "deskunk" the dogs)
    Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 PM

Right after I buried the cat, I would use ordor ban, bought it at sams club. its used in morgues and will kill any ordor.
    Old 10-15-2011, 09:41 PM

Nature's Miracle works, and I really like Kids n Pets from Walmart (my local grocer carries it also)... I used the Kid's n Pets on a couch my elderly mom "marked" almost daily. We couldn't afford a new sofa...so I drenched the cushions...squeezing the stuff front to back on the cushions. Has some alcohol in it, so dried over night...smell never returned.

The thing to remember with either type...you have to drench the area...not just spray...I opened the bottle and poured it on.

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Our female cat has decided to mark her territory in my carpeted sewing room. I have shampooed the carpet with regular carpet shampoo. I looked at some options online but my question is do any of them really work. I'd be happy with a wood floor in there which is what we will do if we tear out the carpet but is that what we need to do or can I get it out?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Old 10-15-2011, 10:16 PM

I'm a lifelong cat owner and swear by Stink Free. If you google it you can find it online however stores like Petpros and Petsmart carry it. If you look on line they have a formula for hardwood floors and their product is guaranteed.