Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!! >
  • Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!!

• Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM

It does help in downstashing stashes doesn't it. I need to cut out some more charms for another cathedral window. I think I'll go with just purples and oranges this time. I think those will be pretty together. Or maybe a blue and yellow one. I still have time to think about those.

Welp, time to do a few stitches before bedtime.
    Old 08-17-2011, 05:12 AM

I love postage stamps, I will have fun watching this thread, hopefully It will spur me to get started on mine, I have gotten away from it with a recent hexegon addiction.
    Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 AM

Since I'm doing the 1.5" postage stamp swap, I may join this group. I posted pictures of some of my blocks in the swap thread here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-112233-1.htm . Check them out. If I get around to it, I may post pics of how I sort my little squares. This challenge may get me motivated; sometimes I need that! :lol:
    Old 08-17-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
    Since I'm doing the 1.5" postage stamp swap, I may join this group. I posted pictures of some of my blocks in the swap thread here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-112233-1.htm . Check them out. If I get around to it, I may post pics of how I sort my little squares. This challenge may get me motivated; sometimes I need that! :lol:
    That would be great to show how you sort your postage stamps. Hopefully it will give some of the girls the bug to get started on theirs.

I'm loving working on mine of the evenings.
    Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Some of the ladies have stated they would like to do some side swapping of the postage stamps. If you are interested go to this page.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142366-8.htm#3968050
    Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
    Some of the ladies have stated they would like to do some side swapping of the postage stamps. If you are interested go to this page.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142366-8.htm#3968050
    Thanks, Betty, but I think I was the one who pointed you to this thread! :wink: I've got my stamps ready to mail. Can't wait to get back stamps from the others who have joined this swap. This is my fourth swap, so I've got a good start for my quilt -- to be finished amongst all the others!
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:42 AM

Hi, other than being cut at 1-1/2" square...do they have to be washed, starched, etc? I have alot of scraps and I might want to do a swap at some time in the future so I need to know before I start cutting. Anne
    Old 08-18-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    Hi, other than being cut at 1-1/2" square...do they have to be washed, starched, etc? I have alot of scraps and I might want to do a swap at some time in the future so I need to know before I start cutting. Anne
    Anne, here's the link to the (closed) spring swap which lists the rules: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=142 . Not specified: washed/unwashed; starched/unstarted. I think the most important thing is the size -- it has to be at least 1-1/2". Larger it can be cut down; smaller ??? Hope you join us here and in the swap.
    Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 AM

Hi, I would really like to do this in between The FWS Quilt-Along which is winding down but not done yet. I just have so many pieces from the QAL that I'm getting tired of looking at them and need a way to use them up. I've never done anything like this before and I really like the scrappy look but I also love the look of Evie"s blocks so I don't know which way to go. I started cutting the squares today and need to cut so much more. I've never done a swap for these little buggers either. They look pretty cute all lined up. I'm thinking small right now. Maybe some placemats to start. I don't want to overwhelm myself....Thanks for the invite. Anne
    Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 AM

Here are a couple of pictures of how I sort my stamps. I use containers in which dried fruit and nuts are packed at my local market (Ralphs/Kroegers). The containers are big enough -- about 5" x 6" x 1-1/2" and stack up very nicely. Right now I'm using 14 of them. I like being in somewhat control, so I sort by color family and use the paired squares for leaders and enders and go from there.

Container opened, with purple stamps
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]243550[/ATTACH]

Five containers stacked
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]243551[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243544.jpe   attachment-243545.jpe