Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!! >
  • Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!!

• Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Evie, you're so smart!!!
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
    Here are a couple of pictures of how I sort my stamps. I use containers in which dried fruit and nuts are packed at my local market (Ralphs/Kroegers). The containers are big enough -- about 5" x 6" x 1-1/2" and stack up very nicely. Right now I'm using 14 of them. I like being in somewhat control, so I sort by color family and use the paired squares for leaders and enders and go from there.
    Great idea Evie!!!! Now you have me to thinking. Oh, I know exactly what I'll use. My aunt gave me some of those clear plastic containers they get those peppermint candies in. The kind that dissolve in your mouth. I'll have to get her to save me more of them.
    I love your colors too!!!
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    Hi, I would really like to do this in between The FWS Quilt-Along which is winding down but not done yet. I just have so many pieces from the QAL that I'm getting tired of looking at them and need a way to use them up. I've never done anything like this before and I really like the scrappy look but I also love the look of Evie"s blocks so I don't know which way to go. I started cutting the squares today and need to cut so much more. I've never done a swap for these little buggers either. They look pretty cute all lined up. I'm thinking small right now. Maybe some placemats to start. I don't want to overwhelm myself....Thanks for the invite. Anne
    Hey Anne, come right on and join us!!!! There's no time quota. You sew at your own pace. No deadlines. We are just having fun sewing. It's almost like setting and sewing with each other. But we can only talk on here. giggle

Would love to have you!!!!
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:25 PM

Ok, I'm grabbing my fabric, thimble, thread and needle. Whose cutting or sewing tonight. Really doesn't have to be the postage stamp top. Just crafting. I doubt I'll be working alone.
    Turning on my book in a bit.

Forgot about a couple of pkgs. I got in the mail today. I have to acknowledge those. And what a surprise I got.

I got a pincushion made out of a saucer and cup. It's done in mexican or what I call indian fabric. And decorated with hot pepper ornies. I love it!!!!! It will surely get good use here.

And a box of audio books. I'm thrilled.

It was like Christmas today for me!!!

Lifted my spirits up that's for sure.

My daughter in leaving Monday morning with her family. They are moving to TN. She has never been that far away from me before. But she will have her brother, my son, down there with her. I pray everything turns out good for her.

It's going to be so tight on them. Trying to pay their bills, get everything started down there, buying groceries.
    They just bought school clothes here. And have to and buy new clothes down there. They have certian outfits they have to wear down there.

I'll send them some money when I can to help out until they get on their feet. I can't believe that just the U-Haul is going to be over $800. But that is with the two thing for the pickup also. Boy, don't it cost to move.

Oh, I would dread the thought of moving myself. I would have to have two tractor trailors just for my craft stuff. And I'm not kidding one bit. I have a little building over top of the cellar. A whole second house full. And one room in this house that is stuffed full of craft supplies. Plus a few things in my tanning bed/computer room.

I doubt they have a house big enough in TN for all my stuff. giggle

Ok, gotta give thank you's and feedback. Then on to sewing.

Come sew with me!!!!
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM

[quote=HummerGardenCrafts]My daughter in leaving Monday morning with her family. They are moving to TN. She has never been that far away from me before. But she will have her brother, my son, down there with her. I pray everything turns out good for her.

quote]

Betty, you are one busy gal!

Where in TN is your daughter moving to? One of my niece's lives in Chattanooga with your husband and five kids, so they do have houses big enough -- even your your stuff! :lol: Have faith that all will be OK with their move.
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Will be cutting up some more blocks tonight. Can't believe how long its taking. One good thing I found out:
    when I was first learning to cut, I had a really hard time figuring out how to square up my fabric for strips. The lady trying to teach me had the patience of a saint. Well I found one of my leftover fabrics from cutting strips. It was so out of wack, the top was about 2 inches out. LOL. Its nice to see how much we grow as quilters.
    I purchased my fabric for the Holiday/Winter swap I'm in. I just need to confirm which block to create.
    Back to cutting.
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 PM

I also have mine cut and ready to mail. I want to start one soon. I thought it would be a good project when I really am to tired to think of getting the pieces in the right places on a fancy quilt! I really do not need to start any thing else..but want to!
    Old 08-19-2011, 08:00 AM

I am up for the challenge.... i was able to join the swap so, I will have something to start with.... I am thinking that I could use the squares as a start and finish when working on other things.... will see how it goes,,,, 7,000 squares is a lot though...lol
    Old 08-19-2011, 08:32 AM

I would like to be part of this group. I particularly have been starching, pressing & cutting scraps and pieces of fabric since I discovered it. I don't have enough of a variation yet to start sewing them into little groups... this is more organized and not so many pieces laying around. I've never done this before and I hope that I'll be able to stick with it. I do have other projects that will be in the forefront . I like the idea that I can pick it up where I dropped off and not have to worry about placement and patterns....only scant 1/4 " seams :-P Anne
    Old 08-19-2011, 02:08 PM

[quote=Evie]
    Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
    My daughter in leaving Monday morning with her family. They are moving to TN. She has never been that far away from me before. But she will have her brother, my son, down there with her. I pray everything turns out good for her.

quote]

Betty, you are one busy gal!

Where in TN is your daughter moving to? One of my niece's lives in Chattanooga with your husband and five kids, so they do have houses big enough -- even your your stuff! :lol: Have faith that all will be OK with their move.
    I'm laughing my tush off at you right now!!!! This is so funny!!!!!! Your daughter doesn't live with my hubby in TN, I'm looking right at him. giggle He's in the recliner across from mine. I surely got a big kick out of this !!! giggle

She is getting a house in Boliver. But wants one in or near Middleton. Chattanooga is farther on down the road from where my son lives.