Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Charm Quilt Tree >
  • Charm Quilt Tree

• Charm Quilt Tree

Old 06-02-2011, 09:35 AM

Is anyone on here interested in being part of a Charm Quilt Tree? I need 4 more people. I just don't know that many quilters, but I would really like to participate in the tree. To be a part of it, you have to cut 14 6-inch squares that are purple or have purple in them. 2 go to a name I will give you and then 6 sets of 2 go to whomever you choose to participate in the tree. It should be fun. If you would want to participate, just send me a PM with your name and address and I will mail you the info and 2 squares. Thanks!

Okay, I just looked and it appears that quite a few people think this is illegal (not sure myself, although I am married to a detective and he has never come home with one of these cases). I can't remove the topic, so if you are one of those people, please just disregard my post and pretend like you never read it...
    Old 06-02-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rebeccalr
    Is anyone on here interested in being part of a Charm Quilt Tree? I need 4 more people. I just don't know that many quilters, but I would really like to participate in the tree. To be a part of it, you have to cut 14 6-inch squares that are purple or have purple in them. 2 go to a name I will give you and then 6 sets of 2 go to whomever you choose to participate in the tree. It should be fun. If you would want to participate, just send me a PM with your name and address and I will mail you the info and 2 squares. Thanks!

Okay, I just looked and it appears that quite a few people think this is illegal (not sure myself, although I am married to a detective and he has never come home with one of these cases). I can't remove the topic, so if you are one of those people, please just disregard my post and pretend like you never read it...
    LOL...well that just stinks, what is so illegal about sharing fabric?
    Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM

Those who think it is illegal, could they please explain why?
    Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Wow, really???? Illegal???
    Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 AM

It's like those chain letters, at least in theory. I know there are some laws restricting those in certain states, but I've never heard anyone being prosecuted for those either!
    Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Seems to me it is just some friends sharing fabric. Last I heard sharing is not illegal.
    Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by rebeccalr

I don't see how it could be considered illegal if all of you signed up to do it. Hardly.
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM

it was a scam in the early days of fabric swaps on the internet.

people would start the chain use fake names and addresses and keep all the fabric that was sent in - no one else would ever receive any fabric.
    Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    it was a scam in the early days of fabric swaps on the internet.

people would start the chain use fake names and addresses and keep all the fabric that was sent in - no one else would ever receive any fabric.
    That makes sense as to why it is bad. I guess I just don't think about how to cheat some one. Thing is, I know the ladies on the list ahead of me.
    Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 PM

WoW! The stuff you learn here...