Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • chevron quilt with three colors >
  • chevron quilt with three colors

• chevron quilt with three colors

Old 10-14-2013, 05:06 AM

Ooohhhh! Like it the way it looks in the first post. Just an eye-popper. And I mean that in a good way!
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:03 AM

Just me, but I consider a three color quilt as maybe blue/orange/black and don't count the neutral white.

I do like the blue and orange however.
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 AM

Dina, another (native) Texan here lol, must be the weather this morning, cool and overcast wishing for rain.
    I made a Chevron quilt king size that I enter in our recent Fall Fair won 2nd place on it, and made it with only two colors, turq. and white, and must say it was a fun quilt to do. Now to my point, I used the pattern that Jenny from Missouri Star Quilts gave a tute on, made the quilt, easy, fast and fun. You might want to go to Missouri Star Quilt You Tube tutes, and check it out if you do not have all of your fabric cut yet.
    (It was a Christmas gift for a dear friend, and I sent it to her early because of her health, done in her favorite colors. She loves it, reminds her of Native American designs and she is into that theme.)
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    When I read this I thought I was seeing things.I am starting a blue orange and white chevron quilt too.DGS school colors.I will be doing blue orange then white,don;t want to much white,DGS doesn't do to well with white,know what I mean.
    Well, cool! Are you far enough along to post a picture?

Dina
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 AM

Default chevron quilt

I am presently constructing a chevron quilt that call for 3 charm packs. The pattern can be found at Moda Bakeshop; Zip-Zag Baby quilt. It calls for 3 solid color charm packs, but I am using a solid material cut into 5" squares and 3 of the same charm packs. This quilt does not use triangles. Here is a picture of my work in progress:
    Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Dina, another (native) Texan here lol, must be the weather this morning, cool and overcast wishing for rain.
    I made a Chevron quilt king size that I enter in our recent Fall Fair won 2nd place on it, and made it with only two colors, turq. and white, and must say it was a fun quilt to do. Now to my point, I used the pattern that Jenny from Missouri Star Quilts gave a tute on, made the quilt, easy, fast and fun. You might want to go to Missouri Star Quilt You Tube tutes, and check it out if you do not have all of your fabric cut yet.
    (It was a Christmas gift for a dear friend, and I sent it to her early because of her health, done in her favorite colors. She loves it, reminds her of Native American designs and she is into that theme.)
    Your quilt sounds beautiful! I just finished a carpenter's star that I did in two shades of turquoise with a white background. It was very striking!!

I have seen the Missouri Star video. I had forgotten about it. I will go check it out. Thanks.

Dina
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 AM

Oh Susan, I like your quilt! Thanks for the picture and telling me where to look at the pattern. I liked the one there too. I have not actually cut much fabric, still deciding here, but I think it is time to jump in and see what I end up with. I don't have a pattern, figured I would just start making those half square triangles and see what happened. (Those triangles don't scare me anymore....famous last words!!)

Dina
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 AM

It probably doesn't matter in which order you place the colors. See my quick drawing to show colors...top blue, white, orange...bottom blue, orange, white.
    Attached Thumbnails chevron.jpg  
    Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 AM

saw this on Pinterest... Easy-Peasy! http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=441240&stc=1&d=1381763481

Last edited by cpfrog; 10-14-2013 at 07:14 AM.
    Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 AM
    Power Poster

It looks great, I think 3 colors will be fine.