Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Christian Blocks >
  • Christian Blocks

• Christian Blocks

Old 08-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, I'm going to look into some of these sites as well as the books. This means so much to me to be able to gift them with something for all they are doing. God Bless!
    Old 08-10-2014, 03:02 AM

I have a few Bible versus for my embroidery machine that I'd gladly stitch out for you for free if you supply whatever fabric you want them on, or if you want on white just PM me. I'll look up which ones they are and post here a little later.
    Old 08-10-2014, 03:33 AM

You can choose any of these bible versus or send me one you personally like and I can stitch it.

http://www.designsbyjuju.com/bible-verses
    Old 08-10-2014, 05:51 AM

I think that using Bible or Christian themed fabrics and embroidered verses would actually mean more than the name of a block. I have a book that is called "Christian blocks" and honstly, I can't see why they are any more Christian than any other blocks--If someone didn't give me the name of the block, esp. if I were unfamiliar with quilting, I'd never have "gotten it" that they were "Christian blocks."

So, if you just do blocks like Jacob's Ladder, etc., make sure you include an explanation with the quilt. Otherwise all your work will be wasted effort. (I speak from the perspective of a fellow missionary in Poland.)
    Old 08-10-2014, 08:26 PM

Thank you so much for your offer bigred, I'll look into what I want and send you the material, I'm doing her quilt in blues I've been collection for a while. justflying I do have a panel of Psalms and another panel that is escaping my mind for some reason so those will definitely make it onto the quilt even if I have to try my hand at dying them or even putting them on the backing. Everyone has been so helpful with this I can't wait to get it all started, I have to finish the 2 quilts I'm almost done with now before I start hers because her's will be a lot harder with so many different blocks that I plan on attaching the name of the block & the story behind it. I have done a lot of research & happy to say I have came up with a lot of blocks I think I can do. God bless you both and justflying I pray that your works are many and successful in Poland. Thanks again everyone!!