Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Christmas/holiday Presents >
  • Christmas/holiday Presents

• Christmas/holiday Presents

Old 07-18-2010, 11:18 AM

And I forgot that SIL's mother always wants a magnetic photo frame for the gkids new pictures. She is really appreciative of anything I make to give her as present. Have done bun warmers, aprons, placemats and Welcome door/wall hanging for her. fmd36 in NH
    Old 07-18-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 5moose
    I'm going to be making grocery totes for all my daughter-in-laws. I figured 5 bags each for all three families would be enough for a average grocery trip. I'm gathering fabrics of vegetables and farm animals. I think that would be cute.
    I did this last Christmas, and they were much appreciated.
    Old 07-18-2010, 12:07 PM

What a great idea! I live in Oregon and they are talking about trying to outlaw those plastic grocery bags. It would be fabulous if everyone had fabric bags to wash and re-use!

Sincerely,
    Levada
    Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 PM

I love the microwave patatoe baking bags. Most people love baked potatoes and the bags do a great job for baking the potatoes so nice. I dont make them any other way any more. My SIL loves them and even asked me to make her a couple more.( I'm sure for her grown kids.)
    Old 07-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    For my quilting friends, I am making them tea pot pin cushions. For family members, I usually buy their gifts, they are not big quilt fans, although my mother sews and quilts so I usually get her gift certs to local quilt shops.
    Is there a pattern for the tea pot pin cushions...they sound adorable...I've some done out of real tea cups but haven't heard of a tea pot one :)
    Old 07-18-2010, 01:35 PM

For the gals I play Bunco with I always make an ornament. I put them in a cute little fabric bag I've usually made too. This year I coated the inside of clear glass ornaments with glitter. I got the ones below at the dollar store last year at the end of Christmas, they were clear but had the glitter snowflake design already on them. I've already done the ones for Bunco, I'll do a bunch more to decorate the tree we donate yearly to a needy family.

I try to bake something for my coworkers.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-74639.jpe  
    Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM

I usually make quilts and pillow cases for my mom and dolls and stufffed animals for my grand babies. I make cardigans for some of the girls on my list and I wil probably add journals this year. I thought to make little play houses for my garand daughters this yr. You know the ones made from felt with tiny flat stick dolls that fit in pockets on tha pages that fold into a house. I need some new ideas...I will keep up with this thread!!
    Old 07-18-2010, 02:21 PM

I just bought all I need to make 2 tree skirts for 2 of my kids. Found the pattern at the Moda Bake Shop site. Also got a kit to make the youngest G-DD a minkie blankie! Maybe more who knows!
    Old 07-18-2010, 02:26 PM
    MNM

Originally Posted by bookworm
    Besides quilts :) what are you guys planning for Christmas/Holiday presents? Or have done in the past?

I'm working on a couple small purses, some stuffed ornaments... and still trying to come up with other ideas.
    At this moment it is 117* outside so I am making my Christmas gifts. I am making mouse pads for my Red Hat friends with a Lady Bug pattern, they are The Lady Bugs of the Lake. I am making other friends mouse pads out of a Cat square. I saw the idea on this board last week.
    I have made Snippet Pot holders in the past. Wreath, Christmas trees and hearts out of Christmas fabric. They are padded so they can be used as pot holders BUT most of my friends use them as decorations.
    There are lots of good Snippets books out there for ideas.

MNM
    Old 07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
    Power Poster

I have 3 college aged boys so for them it is hard but they always love those gas cards.