Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Cleaning up our sewing areas! Let's Start! >
  • Cleaning up our sewing areas! Let's Start!

• Cleaning up our sewing areas! Let's Start!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:42 PM

wow i wish i had a basement! i would love to have all that room! i have a 10x 10 room for all the crafting - quilting, sewing, scrapbookking, ceramic painting -- all of em'. Your room is beautiful!

:)
    Old 01-08-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by rainbowquilt
    wow i wish i had a basement! i would love to have all that room! i have a 10x 10 room for all the crafting - quilting, sewing, scrapbookking, ceramic painting -- all of em'. Your room is beautiful!

:)
    Thanks. I used to kid my daughter when she went off to college that I would make her room my sewing room, but I just have so much more space downstairs. I swore when I got it organized this time that I wouldn't let it get like before when I didn't know where things were. So far so good and hope it stays this way.
    Old 01-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Good luck! :)
    Old 01-08-2010, 07:19 PM

HOW did I miss this thread all week??

:-o

I am starting a 27-thing fling, in other areas of the house first, the big finale will be the studio... You can go to my blog and read my details...and my results...such as they are...

I hope to reach the studio by the beginning of February, I am sure your tips will all come in handy by then....
    Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM

My fabric folding is coming along.. I decided to seperate the larger yardage amounts..so i would have a section for possible backings or larger amounts of fabric needed for patterns.

Although, i have no business starting any new pattern! i have two containers full of WIP's!

Then i looked into the closet, and realized there was wasted space, above the cabinet i put in there..so i took a hammer, and knocked out the metal strip used to hang clothes on..then pushed the shelf all the way back, and am using it to store batting up there.. :roll:

how is everyone else coming along?

Today i bought some clear protectors to put my patterns in,some page dividers, and a 3 rings binder..to put it all in! That will be a quiet time job for later.. Kim

Fabric folding so far
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]66697[/ATTACH]

Before
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]66698[/ATTACH]

After
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]66699[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-66692.jpe   attachment-66693.jpe   attachment-66694.jpe  
    Old 01-11-2010, 02:55 PM
    Power Poster

I've been cleaning up the sewing area and after working on it all afternoon, DH came in and said: Wow, I can see parts of the table top. It took another couple of hours before it was all cleaned off.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to clean up the top of the counter. Nowhere to put stuff. Looks like I need to think of a complete reorg. Not today though.
    Old 01-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Well... is was half way to looking good, not anymore:(
    I will keep trying!
    Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM

Drat. Cat just walked on the keyboard so I lost everything I had written. Here it goes again.

I can see the floor! DH was speechless. I was hoping to have the cleaned up room as a surprise but needed him to move a couple of boxes that were too heavy. I am appalled at the amount of fabric I have found. I had no idea since it was in so many different places. Bad me.

Had planned to take some before/after pictures but camera just got sent in for service. Was making some really bad noises. Maybe it will just have to be after. Well I need to head back in. If I sit too long, I lose motivation. This thread is great!
    Wendy
    Old 01-18-2010, 04:38 AM

been slip-slidin the past few days. Have put up bulletin boards which I love, and folded fabric. However, folded fabric is still sitting on the end of my table. Will put that all in drawers today. I'm working on a quilt for a friend of my daughters and wanted to sew. Kind of put the organizing on the back burner. But, if I do a little each day, eventually, it will be done!!! Yay. Will send pics soon.
    Old 01-18-2010, 04:53 AM

Glad to see everyone is still at it, in some form or another! Me too! i found book ends at walmarts..so now the folded fabric is up right. I have one section to complete.the fleece. (although i will still be folding fabric, but i can shut the door to that!