Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • clothing catalog in my quilting magazine >
  • clothing catalog in my quilting magazine

• clothing catalog in my quilting magazine

Old 08-21-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dforesee
    Another thing about Fons and Porter that bothers me is that whenever Joann's has a sale with all quilting notions at 50% off, the F&P notions are excluded. I can't think why that would be unless they are having to pay so much for the products wholesale that they can't afford to mark them down without losing money.
    My local store just had F&P stuff on sale. Can't remember the %. I don't usually even look at their stuff since I feel so much of it is just silly little stuff that nobody really needs.
    Old 08-21-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
    Originally Posted by dforesee
    Another thing about Fons and Porter that bothers me is that whenever Joann's has a sale with all quilting notions at 50% off, the F&P notions are excluded. I can't think why that would be unless they are having to pay so much for the products wholesale that they can't afford to mark them down without losing money.
    My local store just had F&P stuff on sale. Can't remember the %. I don't usually even look at their stuff since I feel so much of it is just silly little stuff that nobody really needs.
    Amen to that. I'll say it again though, I do love their ergonomic seam ripper. As for the rest of it? There are better and more useful tools out there to spend one's hard earned cash on.
    Old 08-21-2010, 04:05 PM

it is beginning to sound like all of the quilting magazines are going to be in trouble McCalls did a big goof with their article and Fon's and Porter with all of their advertising I quit Quilters Newsletter quite awhile back as there are really no new patterns out there and there is so much free stuff on the internet so I don't see any sence in the hastle with these magazines so I for one will not renew any of them
    Old 08-21-2010, 04:08 PM
    Fox

I haven't renewed any of my subscriptions either. One mag called me the other night trying to get me to renew--I told the girl that I was subscribed for years, and at this time in my life between my old mags, and free quilt patterns on the internet, I could't see spending my money any longer. She sounded surprised, and ended the conversation. I sounds like there a quite a number of us out there that just don't need them any more!
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:13 PM

I just wrote Fons and Porter and told them to read the forum for an eye opening experience. Doubt that it will help but doing nothing won't either. Maybe some others may wish to contact them also. So many unhappy people.
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Owllady
    I just wrote Fons and Porter and told them to read the forum for an eye opening experience. Doubt that it will help but doing nothing won't either. Maybe some others may wish to contact them also. So many unhappy people.
    I also wrote and told them they should check out this thread.
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 PM

I have also been very disappointed in the quality of F&P. The clothing catalog is just the last straw. I will find another magazine I like better.
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:48 PM
    Power Poster

I don't even subscribe or order any magazines or catalogs anymore unless I can just buy one for something special I want it for because of all the advertising.
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:56 PM
    Dee

I used to get their book. I complained about the clothes section and never heard from them. So never renewed my subcription.
    Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 PM

Kinda ironic!!! Just above this reply space is a Fons & Porter ad for Love of Quilting Official Publisher Receive Three Free Gifts. Coincidence, do you reckon or something planned? Just wondering if anyone else saw this.