Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Collage Quilt Materials >
  • Collage Quilt Materials

• Collage Quilt Materials

Old 05-21-2018, 09:51 PM

Default Collage Quilt Materials

Does anyone know the difference between Jo Ann Fabrics Pellon 830 Easy Pattern for tracing and Pattern Ease? Is one better or heavier than the other? I'm wondering if by the time I use the pattern tracing paper and then steam a seam, then fabric, batting and backing how heavy this will be. Any comments about the weight and materials you have used with success or materials you felt weren't as successful?
    Old 05-22-2018, 02:00 AM
    Power Poster

I’ve used the easy pattern tracing material- to trace patterns- but I didn’t leave it in my quilt. I would think if you are using steam a seam ( I hope the lite product) you wouldn’t need the easy pattern, you would trace onto the paper side of the fusible.
    i used the easy pattern when my appliqué pattern came printed on both sides of the paper and needed to be reversed- I couldn’t use my light box because both sides showed through- so I traced onto the pattern tracing material then flipped it over to have the reverse images. I used it for the pattern, not as an addition to the quilt. I also use it for clothing patterns which is what it was originally made for, now that patterns are multi-sized you need to trace the size you want when making clothing articles
    Old 05-23-2018, 02:56 AM

I used both for foundation piecing and could not tell the difference. Hope this helps and would love to see your collage quilt when complete. Good luck!