Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Connecting Threads.com >
  • Connecting Threads.com

• Connecting Threads.com

Old 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Their service, prices, and thread are terrific. I do not care for their fabric --but many people do like it!~! To each their own. I'd say give it a try. They are cheap enough that you can try them out without a significant financial investment.
    Old 01-16-2012, 05:01 AM

I have purchased a lot of fabric from CT and have no complaints at all. I have been very happy with the all of the kits and fabrics. I highly recommend them.
    Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 AM

I have only ordered fabric from them a few times, wasn't impressed. I used their thread for years before changing over to Aurifil, their thread was very linty.
    Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 AM
    KR

I use their threads BUT regular cleaning in the race/bobbin area is a must as they are very linty. I like the feel of their batiks and the patterns are nice, too. I've gotten lots of other fabrics, mostly FQs for my Dear Jane, and have been disappointed with some.....heavier fabric and the design looks painted on. Generally speaking CT is a good source for supplies, notions and books as something is usually on sale. Good prices overall and I'll usually save up what I need so I have enough to qualify for free shipping.
    Old 01-16-2012, 06:03 AM

I have only gotten one fabric from them I was disappointed in. The pattern went seriously askew when I pre-washed and I still haven't figured out how to get it straight. I did buy it on clearance and didn't pay much.
    Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 AM

Here is a discount website that I love, only first quality name brands.

http://www.oldcountrystorefabrics.com/index.php

If you know what fabric you want by brand, etc., you can also order online direct from Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC. (Be still my heart...)

Last edited by QuilterChick; 01-16-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 AM

I have purchased great fabric, and not so great fabric from them. Better quality than Joannes, but once in awhile a Joannes type fabric ends up in there. I think if you buy your fabric by brand, such as Moda, Cranston of Paduca, Northcott, etc...RJR is another...you cannot go wrong. It is when you buy something because it looks pretty on screen and then you end up with died gauze because it is an off brand made you-know-where on a Friday. Just my opinion.
    Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by KR
    I use their threads BUT regular cleaning in the race/bobbin area is a must as they are very linty. I like the feel of their batiks and the patterns are nice, too. I've gotten lots of other fabrics, mostly FQs for my Dear Jane, and have been disappointed with some.....heavier fabric and the design looks painted on. Generally speaking CT is a good source for supplies, notions and books as something is usually on sale. Good prices overall and I'll usually save up what I need so I have enough to qualify for free shipping.

Hi Karen ! thanks for confirming that tip on the Essential Thread; I received a bunch of it as a gift and it is very linty, although I do like it, and am real glad I bought that mini vacuum set for sewing machines a few years ago. That is a handy gadget and works wonders on the serger too. Betty
    Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 AM

I'm a Connecting Threads customer and have been very satisfied with everything I've purchased.
    Old 01-16-2012, 06:43 AM

I checked out franks on ebay and he seemed to have a lot of fabric to choose from. Having never ordered from him before I couldn't say anything about the quality but if it is a brand you are familiar with I think you would be same to order from him. Anyway some of his fabrics can be returned so for sure you would be safe ordering those. Prices seem to be good also. I think I will order some white on white.