Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Connecting Threads.com >
  • Connecting Threads.com

• Connecting Threads.com

Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM

I love Connecting Threads, and I order from them often. I think the fabric is a great quality for a great price. I have never been disappointed in them
    Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM

I shop sometimes from Hancocks of Paducah, they will occasionally have a coupon code for free shipping to Canada if you buy a certain amount ie $75 or $100, and you can order up to 2 rolls of batting with that. They have a lot of sale fabric and batiks. Their cotton batting is a lot less than Fabricland. I don't think I have ever had to pay customs duties with fabric. 2 places I have ordered from in Canada are, Flare Fabrics (free shipping) and Mad about Patchwork. Have been happy with them all.
    Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 AM

I have mixed feelings about the fabric. I ordered some of their Christmas themed fabric an it was wonderful. Interesting, well cut and good cotton. I also ordered one of their sale items 6 yards for an Grand Daughter's quilt and it lost all of the beautiful sheen to the fabric and the color was not true to what was online. It was of a good weight and did not go limp when washed. I'll use it for something else, I am sure. Would I try them again? Yes, but I would not be too quick to purchase their sale fabric.
    Old 01-17-2012, 09:27 AM

I made two matching baby quilts out of their fabric. Because the pounce chalk I used to mark them for quilting did not wash out the first time, I ended up washing the quilts three times before giving them as gifts. By the 3rd washing, they developed pilling (is that the word?), fuzzy white balls. Yikes! I was disappointed to say the least. One quilt went back to SC to the mommy and baby, the other went here in CA to the grandma. We had a skyped baby shower which was lots of fun. On a good note, the mommy was here in CA for Christmas, she gave me the biggest hug and said the quilt I made for her daughter was her favorite. In her thank you note, she said the liked the antique look
    Old 01-17-2012, 09:34 AM

So many fabric, fat quarters, 1/4 yds. Etc. Would like to go and see them all, most be a huge store.
    So hard to buy on line in lg. bulk for a home quilter or for sewing. They really have a good alot.
    To far for me to go. Great deal for those not far away. Frank's is a fabric ebay & store.

Last edited by sherian; 01-17-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 AM

I LOVE CT fabrics, thread and service. A few of the fabrics have been a little more of a fraying problem than the rest, but they feel so silky and drapey. Absolutely wonderful!
    Old 01-17-2012, 10:20 AM

I have purchased from them and have in general been satisfied. I have found the fabric that I have ordered to look in person as it looked on the computer. Most of it has been a nice weight. I ordered a kit that was on sale with their Christmas designs. I did a few pieces of the fabric a little on the thin side, while I liked all of the patterns.

That said, I have also had fabric that I paid double for from LQS's that I have also found to be on the thin side (but have purchased in small amounts as I couldn't find another color/pattern I liked better). In fact, I purchased all of the material for a quilt for my grandson from a LQS. I was more focused on pattern/color when I chose the fat quarters and so forth. I had a credit to use at this shop. I was very surprised when I got home, and opened up the fat quarters to iron, that about half of them seemed so thin. So I have found good and not so good at a variety of locations.

Would I order from them again? Yes, I will. I have liked more than I didn't like. I agree with other posters, you can order a small amount from CT without investing to much $$ to see if you like what you get.

I just completed the top from the kit I ordered in December. I will be interested to see how it holds up when I wash it. I used fabric from CT on a quilt back I completed in December - it has been washed, came out just fine.
    Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
    Power Poster

I've gotten fabric from Connecting Treads and have never been disappointed. They also have good prices on Warm & Natural batting. Their service was excellent also.
    Old 01-17-2012, 10:39 AM

I have purchased from Connecting Threads and I will buy from them again. I have purchased from their newer lines and also lots of 1/2 yard pieces and bundles from their clearance section. I do notice that there is a great variation of quality.
    Some of the fabrics are thinner, some are stamped where you only have print on the topside, some are so stiff that you wonder what is in them. I have used them for quilts and they seem to hold up just fine. I guess it all depends on what you are going to use the fabric for. I have never had a fabric from them that I would consider to be seconds. I have sewn for over 45 years and all manufacturers have variations in their quality. It all depends on which factory produces the product for them. I buy threads from Connecting Threads also.
    The best way is to try a small order yourself to see if it meets your expectations.
    Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 AM

http://www.flarefabrics.ca/ from Toronto has reasonable pricing and free shipping in Canada! and good quality fabrics.

Last edited by sewmo; 01-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.