Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Connecting threads fabrics >
  • Connecting threads fabrics

• Connecting threads fabrics

Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM

I like their fabrics. Do you quilt for Quilts for Kids? We have a local chapter and make lots. I sell fabric and I sell to them at my cost + shipping. It's about 3 yards for $10.00. I've attached a sample. Tell me more about your charity quilting.
    Linda Rae

Focal Fabric $3.50
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117494[/ATTACH]

Blenders $3.50
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117495[/ATTACH]

Solids $2.50
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117496[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-117489.jpe   attachment-117490.jpe   attachment-117491.jpe  
    Old 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM

Does anyone have a link to connecting threads, please? - I've not heard of them before.
    Old 11-01-2010, 02:50 PM

I love batiks so took a chance on Connecting Threads batiks at $5.96/yard. It is wonderful. The colors are vibrant. The fabric has a nice hand to it. I, for one, will be going back for more! At that price, you can't beat it!
    Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM

The website is http://www.connectingthreads.com
    Old 11-01-2010, 02:54 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by AnnaK
    BellaBoo, for the benefit of those of us who have not seen the link, will you repost? I knew that the cotton from CT was not made here, only the cotton is U.S. grown. I will continue to order from them because their fabric is good enough for most of my quilts (utility and children's play quilts) and because when I team up with my friends, we can come up with over $50 worth of items and get free shipping.
    http://www.kaltex.com/kaltex/telas.html

Click on About Kaltex. It is a huge industry.
    Old 11-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by franie
    I paid $11.99 yd. the other day for new fabric so finding it cheaper some place else even with shipping is a plus. And the prices at Joanns have gone up considerably too.
    Yes, and I noticed that CT has reduced many of the prices on their prints. I'm really interested in CTs solids, mirages and batiks - think I will order a charm pack of each and see. Also, so that I can see the color variations, e.g. from one green to the next, when planning a project.

Speaking of prices - check the difference in CT pre-cut prices vs. big name mfr'r prices - WOW. I think CT is a step above most of Joann's fabrics but I was disappointed in the tone - everything I ordered seemed a bit dull. Hence, my idea to buy charms as samples.

I also like their thread - cheaper than Superior, though not as thin for log cabins, etc. - and great to use in the bobbin when I'm quilting, in addition to piecing.
    Old 11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
    alimaui

Originally Posted by e4
    First, I have never bought from Connecting threads, which was the original question, and I hate to hijack a thread, but I would like to know why people seem to think the fabric is 100% US made. Connecting Threads website says they use 100% US cotton and they display the Cotton USA label. However, all that label means is that the cotton was grown in the US, not that the fabric is made here. In fact, if you read the site carefully, some fabrics clearly state they are printed overseas. The reality is that the fabric probably was not woven in the US, nor printed in the U.S. Does someone have other information that shows otherwise? I can't find anywhere on the site that it says the fabric actually is made in the U.S.
    I try to be green, even when it is inconvenient, and I know that this is only one of millions of manufactured items, but how anti earth friendly to ship all the raw materialsacross the world only to ship back the finished goods.....

Old 11-01-2010, 03:14 PM

hsquiltingmom,

I received a kit from one of our quilters and it came from
    CT and I love the material. I think it beats JoAnn's by far.

They have such nice stuff. Shirley
    Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by franie
    I paid $11.99 yd. the other day for new fabric so finding it cheaper some place else even with shipping is a plus. And the prices at Joanns have gone up considerably too.
    I was in Joann's 2 days ago and saw some quilt fabric for 14.99 a yard!! I was shocked! My LQS has much nicer fabrics for 9.99.. I did however find some real Robert Kaufman fabrics on that same day. Granted they are older patterns - but still - it surprised me to see it at Joann's. I say if you like the fabrics at CT - buy them and use them. If you are a diehard for LQS - do that - either way I will keep quilting!!
    One other thought - CT fabrics can't be any worse than making a quilt w/fabrics found at thrift stores - tough to truly determine quality and content with those.
    Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
    Power Poster

I have bought Connecting Threads fabrics and have loved them. Some may not think the quality is as good as LQS, but, the cost isn't as high either. Very good quality and very good prices.