Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • considering a Babylock >
  • considering a Babylock

• considering a Babylock

Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 AM

I have Esante and Melody. They both are great machines.
    Old 02-25-2015, 05:40 AM

I just got a Melody and I love it. Easy to use for this relative newbie and I agree, having a dealer close by is worth its weight in gold!
    Old 02-25-2015, 08:04 AM

If you can get the Destiny I would so do it. If I didn't already have a high end machine; I'd get it. It does so much more than any other machine I've seen so far, you can put project videos on it and watch them on the large screen while you creat the project; scan or load a design and it will digitize it for you, you draw a design on the screen. Check out the features, it comes with 4 hoops, its a great machine and this is coming from a Viking lover. I do love my machine but this one has great features.
    Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 AM

All my machines are Babylock to include the serger. I have the Audrey, Melody, Spirit and the Lauren, serger. The Spirit is an awesome machine but I have been sewing on a Destiny in several embroidery seminars. This machine is awesome especially the scanning system! Yes it is pricey but for a combo machine it is worth it!! I say go for it!!
    Old 02-25-2015, 11:28 AM

I got a "used" Elissimo Gold II (it was still in the original packaging, the lady hadn't even taken it out of the box before she traded it in) when the Destiny came out. It also came with a warranty. I absolutely love it. I'm new to quilting/embroidery so the only other machine I have used was a cheap Brother I got when I first started so I can't really compare it to anything else. I originally just wanted a machine for quilting, but it was such a good deal on the trade in that I got the Elissimo. Now I have caught the embroidery bug and have only done a little bit of quilting on it, but it has been great for both.

I did get to sew on a Destiny at a workshop and it was really nice, but for me the additional features are not enough to make the upgrade worth the cost. The scanning option is really cool and it has a larger hoop size available and there are even more included designs. I just figured for the cost of the upgrade I could buy software for digitizing and a ton of designs plus fabric, and maybe even another machine for quilting only so I don't have to keep taking off the embroidery unit. I think it just really depends on your budget and what you plan on using the machine for. Having a local dealer is a great advantage, I would take some time and go sew on both of them and see what you think. Good luck!
    Old 02-27-2015, 06:20 PM

I have the Ellisimo and I can't say enough about it. You can see a BUNCH of the features on you tube. It does things I've never knew a sewing machine can do. Example: I saw a youtube about having it do a 1/4 inch seam (or whatever you set) and the machine MAKES the material stay on track. I cut out some drunkards path quickly and sewed them together. Wow. It worked. I'm awestruck. Toni
    Old 02-27-2015, 09:43 PM

I have the Babylock Jane and am very happy with it.It's quiet an don't need to use a pad underneath it.
    Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 AM

Thanks for all the advise....I went in to the dealer and found the Viking Ruby was perfect for what I needed and wanted. That baby came home with me that day. I love the smell of new sewing machine in the morning....we are getting acquainted and I love sewing on the Ruby so far.
    Old 03-04-2015, 11:43 AM

Congratulations! many you sew many perfect, happy stitches together!
    Old 03-04-2015, 12:26 PM

I have the Babylock Esante and I love it.