Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Conundrum What comes fist quilting or the board? >
  • Conundrum What comes fist quilting or the board?

• Conundrum What comes fist quilting or the board?

Old 08-07-2019, 05:25 AM
    Power Poster

I get up about the same time every day and start with the few daily games I play on my iPhone. I have a coffee maker on my bedside table so that is ready pretty fast. Then 5 times a week I get up and go to the gym (there is a Sunday strength class my friends and I attend). I go to classes with other people who look for me so it is a good way to get there. On Fridays I get up and go to the local quilt shop about 2 miles away where they have Sew Fridays. Always a good time. On the other days I run errands on my way home and then maybe do some housework. With just me and Mr. Stitchnripper it isn't overwhelming. Then later in the afternoon I go up to my sewing room and maybe work on something or just look out the window. I don't make breakfast or lunch for Mr. Stitchnripper. That has worked for us since forever. I do make supper because I like to eat it. While supper is cooking and I have my 4 oz. of wine and a baby bell cheese, I check on QB. (And obviously some mornings if I am running early, like today) I don't usually sew after we eat. We find a few shows we watch together and then it is bed and I watch some quilting videos.
    Old 08-07-2019, 06:52 AM

I'm generally up by 7:00 a.m. each morning (sometimes earlier...sometimes later). My sewing room is on the way to the kitchen so I always go in there & turn on my computer to get it warmed up for the day. Then it off to the kitchen to start DH's coffee & then outside to let the chickens out & feed them, the sheep & the wild birds & squirrels & turn on water for fresh water for all the critters. Back into the kitchen to start breakfast. After that it's off to my sewing room to check the quilting board & see what's new. Then off to a few daily chores (washing, making bed, sweeping, etc). Then it's into the sewing room for as much time as possible. I keep my computer on & logged in to the quilting board all day long so I can check it & reply anytime I have a hankering to do so. Often when I can't sleep at night I come to the Quilting Board to see what I might have missed during the day. That could be anytime of the night. So, yes I'm addicted to this board!
    Old 08-07-2019, 08:07 AM

I rarely even look at a post with a gadget for sale. I am ok about watching a video that is informative and even happier if there is not a sales pitch at the end. BTW I am back for maybe the 5th time since I got out of bed this morning at it is shortly after noon. I have accomplished a bit. I have a bit more added to the quilt I am working one. I also found a couple more places to oil the FW that I missed yesterday. I even found time to talk with my sister on the phone. Ode to retirement!
    Old 08-07-2019, 09:09 AM

I usually look at the board while drinking my morning coffee. I will briefly check in throughout the day if I’m not feeling particularly motivated to do the myriad of other things that need to be done. I stay at home with my 3 year old daughter so I don’t get to sew during the day. Lately, I’ve put off the current project I’m quilting because I find it tedious. I need to buckle down and complete it so I can move on. I told myself I wouldn’t start any new projects until the ones I have in progress are done. That probably makes me get on the board more than I would normally.
    Old 08-07-2019, 01:15 PM
    Power Poster

I usually don't check the quilt board until I am done sewing. Sometimes before I cook supper sometimes after.
    Old 08-08-2019, 02:28 AM

I wake up and automatically feed the cat and dog before making coffee, and then open the computer while my coffee is brewing. Read my e-mail first and then move on to Quilting Board and then Facebook. Usually one read of the Quilting Board is all I do unless there is a question I've thought of or a picture to post during the day.
    Old 08-08-2019, 06:10 AM

I'm up around 7-7:30 have my 1st coffee and do the daily jumble, another coffee and e-mail and QB, then off to the sewing room. I may come back to QB from time to time if I need a distraction
    Old 08-08-2019, 07:18 AM

Since my DH is an early riser and likes to get his "work" done by early afternoon, I get up between 7:30-8:00 am, make my breakfast and eat in front of the computer to catch up on email and the quiltingboard. I then get dressed and head to the sewing room! I usually only check the board once during the day, but had knee replacement a week ago so have browsed it more frequently lately. Can't wait to get back to sewing though as my credit card has been used more lately too with a sale on bluprint kits and a member giving a link to a pattern our grandson would love LOL.
    Old 08-08-2019, 08:04 AM

We usually get up between 6-6:30, get dressed and head to back patio for devotions and to watch the sun come up over the pond. Next we walk the dog and then come home for breakfast. After that, it depends on what I want to accomplish that day. At the moment my sewing room is in shambles. I emptied out a big antique storage unit that had a previous life in an old drugstore many years ago. We have it listed for sale and will be hanging upper cabinets in the room instead. I need room to put my vintage machines and they will fit under the upper cabinets and with the existing storage unit in the room, there is just no space for the machines. Not much sewing going on as a result of the upheaval. I am more than ready for school to start next week and give me additional time for sewing. I have kept my 5 yrs old grandson for the summer and it has really cut into my “me” time. LOL. Happy dancing here!!
    Old 08-08-2019, 10:04 AM

I start my day around 7:30. Put my feet on the floor and say ready set go.

Caring for my mom takes a lot of time but worth it. Coffee, breakfast, helping mom dress, doing her hair, beds made and a quick go thru of the house brings me to about noon. That finds me here and I can only spend short bursts of time here. Then I plan the meals for the rest of the day and do a lot of cooking.

About 2:30 I walk into my sewing studio and take a deep breath. Awe feels so good. Maybe spend an hour or two there but that's not always possible. Then the evening meal and help mom with her nightly ritual. After she is in bed maybe another hour or so in my studio if I'm lucky. I don't always get to spend the time I want on sewing/quilting.

I'm fortunate to still have a husband (who helps me tremendously with mom), but we also need time together and errands to do (shopping for food mostly). We can only leave mom for a short time. My days go by very fast. I am very sure that time has sped up for me. I'd like more me time.

I love the board it helps me not to feel so lonely. And also the like mindedness soothes me. Here are my quilting friends!