Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Correct Bobbins >
  • Correct Bobbins

• Correct Bobbins

Old 12-15-2010, 06:48 AM

Last night one of the ladies at our sit n sew complained about her Babyloc not sewing good. She had eye lashes on the back of her projects, and it was jaming up. She showed me how her bobbin would not stay in her bobbin case while holding out the little latch. I fiddled with it, then got another bobbin from a near by lady, low & behold, the bobbin stayed in the case. Had her fill the bobbin, then stitch on a scrap. What do you know, the stitches were perfect. So this is just a reminder, that if you can not get good stitches, check and make sure you are using the correct size bobbins for your machine. It makes all the difference.
    Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MamaHen
    Last night one of the ladies at our sit n sew complained about her Babyloc not sewing good. She had eye lashes on the back of her projects, and it was jaming up. She showed me how her bobbin would not stay in her bobbin case while holding out the little latch. I fiddled with it, then got another bobbin from a near by lady, low & behold, the bobbin stayed in the case. Had her fill the bobbin, then stitch on a scrap. What do you know, the stitches were perfect. So this is just a reminder, that if you can not get good stitches, check and make sure you are using the correct size bobbins for your machine. It makes all the difference.
    I wish that the bobbins would have something on them to say which ones they were - sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between them.
    Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 AM

So true! My machine is very finicky about the bobbin and bobbin thread. I have a brother and my aunt also has a brother, but her machine and mine do not use the same type bobbin. (Different models).
    Old 12-15-2010, 08:26 AM

When I went to get more bobbins for mine, I just looked up the manual online - Singer is good about having them up, even for the ones they don't sell anymore.
    Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
    Power Poster

Correct bobbin is vital.
    Old 12-15-2010, 02:28 PM

I had a nightmare bobbin issue one time. Took my new Janome 6500 to a class after using it just a day or two. Ran out of bobbin thread in the middle of the class and a friend offered me a pre-filled bobbin. From that moment, I had problems with the machine. Silly me worried with threading and rethreading and finally just gave up and took it to the dealer the next day. Guess what - a Brother bobbin will not work in a Janome! Boy did I feel stupid!!!
    Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 PM

Something so small can make such a difference. I have several brands of bobbins and there are not interchangable. They may look the same size, but just don't work the same.