Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Could this work? >
  • Could this work?

• Could this work?

Old 09-06-2014, 12:11 PM
    Power Poster

I am not a big yellow fan, but........I have to say I really like the ones you picked out. So maybe I am a yellow fan after all. Don't have a suggestion for you just wanted to say what pretty ones you got. Love the yellow and blue. You did get some good suggestions. Be sure and show us when you are finished. BrendaK
    Old 09-06-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sisty88
    Those are beautiful! I'd have fallen for them too and I'm not that big on yellows! I'd go for a bargello I think. Maybe with some lighter yellows as well, down to a creamy type colour? You could add another colour into the mix, but I think it could work with just yellowy tones.
    I much admire the bargello ideas, but that is way harder than any quilt I make these days... I will either audition some ideas with small cut pieces, or just get my imagination going on this! Thanks for all your inputs. I know it will be a "happy" lap quilt no matter what I do! I did buy a bright white as well, so maybe that will set off "counting by fives" or something in that line.
    Old 09-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaK
    I am not a big yellow fan, but........I have to say I really like the ones you picked out. So maybe I am a yellow fan after all. Don't have a suggestion for you just wanted to say what pretty ones you got. Love the yellow and blue. You did get some good suggestions. Be sure and show us when you are finished. BrendaK
    These were sitting together at a Hancock Fabrics store, or I might never have seen the potential of them together.
    Old 09-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Look at a color wheel....contrasting colors are opposite.....need some of those, along with complimentary.....on either side......
    Old 09-06-2014, 01:25 PM

very pretty yellows I not good at picking colors but wouldn't they go nice with.. ugh! can't think of the name is it water color or color wash something like that, dina your bargello is beautiful
    Old 09-06-2014, 02:03 PM

Beautiful fabrics, but from a distance, they will read solid.
    Old 09-06-2014, 03:46 PM

I have a quilt top I am working on that uses the same yellow/orange fabric. I also used a orange/red and a dark green.
    Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    Old 09-06-2014, 08:21 PM

I think these fabrics would make a pretty string quilt with the turquoise blue in the center diagonal position and the rest in color order light to dark. You would get a pretty diamond pattern with the blue lattice line throughout.
    Old 09-06-2014, 08:34 PM

The golds to yellow orange fabrics are just beautiful. If you wanted to pick up more in that color family & maybe some browns, taupe or other neutrals, that could look really stunning ... like a summer sunshiny day hanging clothes on the clothesline with the grass beneath your feet.
    Or else pick up more shades of blues like another poster suggested.
    I don't think I'd go with the chartreuse at all, but if you really want it, maybe add some true yellows & some yellow greens in with it so it doesn't stand out so much. If you go with that, you could do a split analogous color scheme by adding in some blue-violets (instead of the light blue) to contrast the orange-yellow-green blends.
    Old 09-08-2014, 04:34 AM
    Power Poster

I would add some prints, dots or something. When I make scrappies I just grab a bunch of colors and go at it. I try to scatter them so they don't end up together.