Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Craftsy classes >
  • Craftsy classes

• Craftsy classes

Old 05-26-2014, 07:28 PM

I highly recommend the BOM 2012 and 2013 free craftsy classes. I have taken the FMQ with Leah day, Big projects on a small machine with Ann Peterson and many more classes. I've also taken the knit and crochet labs as well. My LQS is pretty close, but I work the graveyard and attending a class is not sleep friendly.
    Old 05-26-2014, 07:41 PM

Thanks Sleepydiver, I really like BOM because the squares are all different and I have learned to do things I would not had I not been forced to. Will check out the Craftsy BOM. Free is always a hit!
    Old 05-26-2014, 08:24 PM

I would also recommend 2012 and 2013 BOM classes. I took these two free classes to learn to make blocks that I probably would never have made on my own. I like Craftsy because, even now, I can go back to those classes for a refresher on one or all of these blocks when I need help.....and when I have time to watch them.
    Old 05-26-2014, 08:47 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer
    I love the Craftsy classes. I have bought several. Ann Petersen is great. I also like Kimberly Einmo's class. Some are longer than others. I like to look at the length of time of each class. Some are quite short, so I don't feel they are as valuable. I wait for sales to buy.
    I second the opinion on Ann Peterson's work...

She came to our local quilt guild... and omg... to see her work up close is *amazing*.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:59 AM

I just wanted to add that Craftsy also has a smart phone app that let's you view your classes anytime, anywhere.

Donna
    Old 05-27-2014, 03:54 AM

I learned so much from Cindy Needhams class on Design It, Quilt It. That class took my machine quilting to the top.It has been the best class of all that I have taken. Leah Days and Angela Walters are good for beginners, if your interested in machine quilting. There are great ones for precision quilting and paper piecing. I highly recommend taking a class on what you want to learn and if you find out its not for you, they will give you a refund with no hassles.
    Old 05-27-2014, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaFreak
    I just wanted to add that Craftsy also has a smart phone app that let's you view your classes anytime, anywhere.

Donna
    That's useful -Android, or just iPhone?
    Old 05-27-2014, 06:26 AM

I loved the 2013 BOM, she makes everything real clear. I have signed up for a lot of their classes. They have so many free classes for you to try, not just sewing.
    Old 05-27-2014, 06:40 AM

If it is a class I think I would like but want to wait til it comes on sale, I add it to my "wish list" on the site. I also experienced some problems with the classes playing correctly and the HD button does make a difference. Also, I recently downloaded a Video Download Converter (free app in Google store) and it greatly improved performance. Lastly, I will sometimes let it start to play - then put on hold and walk away for a couple minutes and come back and by that time a good part of the class has downloaded and I can watch trouble-free. I really like their classes including embroidery stuff - and sometimes I will research the info in YouTube and find some of the stuff there for free. I like Craftsy and they are branching out into new stuff all the time. My other favorite, as has been mentioned, is MSQ. I like that I can have the lap top next to me and work along, too. :-)

Marysewfun
    Old 05-27-2014, 07:31 AM

I have learned a ton from Craftsy classes. I have not taken one class where I have not learned something. As a newer quilter it has been fantastic to be able to learn from all these great instructors. All of the technique tips have been great. You have absolutely nothing to lose by giving it a try.