Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Craftsy Classes---What Have You Taken? >
  • Craftsy Classes---What Have You Taken?

• Craftsy Classes---What Have You Taken?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 AM
    Power Poster

I have taken some of the free classes. They were great!
    Old 03-28-2013, 06:55 AM

I bought 2 sewing classes, both for fitting patterns. Since I am disabled, it's becoming so difficult for me to try clothes on in stores, so I thought, I will go back to garment sewing. I found the craftsy classes helpful.
    Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM
    Jim

I've watched the free classes. I never get enough time to watch all the free tutes I would like to so find a hard time justifying paying for one. I would though if something I really wanted to learn. It's a great resource.
    Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM

I have signed up for 4 classes. 2 were free BOM classes and 2 were Leah Day's classes. I haven't had time to watch much of them, but I am looking forward to watching them over and over. I love Leah Day, and she makes it look so easy to free motion on your DSM.
    Sue
    Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Out of the four classes I signed up for, I have taken just one...the one on piecing quilt backings. Good technical info, but the teacher showed only one way to piece quilt. I was hoping to learn different ways to piece a backing.
    Old 03-28-2013, 04:46 PM

This is on my to-do list. I've heard nothing but good remarks about these classes. Glad so many confirm what I've heard.
    Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl
    I love Craftsy classes! I have enrolled for eight, have completed two. Two are with Jenny Doan on quilting quickly with precuts. Another one is machine quilting and goes into detailed FMQ. I'm currently taking a class with Leah Day on FMQ. I'm still on the first lesson and have learned so much already! I'm even thinking of trying a crochet class. Whoever developed this concept is a genius!
    I am not sure just how many class I have on my account..most are quilting classes, however I also have taken the Spindling class --really fun. Also a bread baking class and both the 2012 and 2013 free block of the month classes. Sometimes the videos do not work at first, but Craftsy has always fixed the problems with them. If you are not sure, try a free one and see what you think.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 PM

I've signed up for most of the free quilting classes and the two quilting quickly ones and the quick strip paper piecing. I've watched the paper piecing one and the first quilting quickly one and live them so far! Especially Jenny's classes!
    Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 PM

I have taken one class where you have a picture and you turn it into a quilt I think Wendy Butler Berns was the teacher. I kept falling asleep.
    I then chose a free class on making bon bon christmas candies. Now, I know it was/is a free class and I do appreciate the chance to learn something for free, but honestly, the teacher had laryngitis and her voice almost made my ears bleed. Terrible for her voice and terrible for trying to learn anything. I kept wishing she would cough or clear her throat. Poor woman.

Craftsy has a great thing going and they really do offer an amazing array of classes. I liked the quilting class and will do another class someday.

Last edited by Mitch's mom; 03-28-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM

I have taken Machine Finished Applique by Beth Ferrier. I finished it last week and have begun applying the techniques. Beth is a very mellow teacher who carefully explains everything. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire class. I only buy the classes when they go on sale.