Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • crazy quilt show and tell please >
  • crazy quilt show and tell please

• crazy quilt show and tell please

Old 04-29-2011, 09:49 AM

Wow, your blocks are beautiful. I plan to do one eventually and I just bought an embroidery machine just for that reason.

I did a little mug rug for my sisters birthday and did a little on it which was quite fun. Search here for crazy quilt mug rug and you can see it.

Keep showing off your blocks---I'll be watching.
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Sewobsessed1, Beautiful!!! Are you doing machine embroidery? I'm thinking about getting one. I have recently become obsessed with crazy quilting - I want to make one!!

Originally Posted by sewobsessed1
    A couple of mine in progress. Will get final treatment (more embellishment/embroidery/trims) after sashing.
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 AM

Hi Brenda, Sarah from CA here. You already know I'm obsessed with crazy quilting and absolutely LOVE your CQ. I am suppose to be working but I can't stop thinking about CQ! I'm hoping to go to the retreat and meet you!!

Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
    Wow...I love your blocks...I would like to know how you did the kimono...I am collecting Japanese fabrics for a block...I have been crazy quilting for about 15 years...took a class four years ago from Judith Baker Montano, and am taking another one this Sept. along with going to a crazy quilt retreat in Estes Park, Co. I am also teaching basic cq classes later this month and in June...
    Go to my site and let me know what you think!!!!!!!!!
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM

Gabbystabber, Wow, I can't believe this is your first CQ - you are doing gorgeous work!! I want to make one and am starting to collect a "few" supplies/embellishments!! Show us more as you complete them.
    Originally Posted by Gabbystabber
    Are there any crazy quilters out there that would like to show and tell? I would love to see them. These are a few blocks I made to use in my first cq. Each block takes me a long time to complete. And even after I say I am finished with a block, I can always find another wee spot that needs embellishing.
    Donna W.
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
    Sewobsessed1, Beautiful!!! Are you doing machine embroidery? I'm thinking about getting one. I have recently become obsessed with crazy quilting - I want to make one!!
    Thanks! No, I don't own an embroidery machine so all mine are completely done by hand. :)

They're not as nice as Gabbystabbers, but one day I'll get them full! You should really just jump in and give it a try. It is ridiculously freeing! And I'm such a rule-breaker that the idea that there are no rules is what attracts me to it the most. What you like is what you like.

And for anyone who thinks it's too hard...pshaw! It will probably end up being one of the easiest (hey, I didn't say quickest, they DO take time) and most satisfying quilts you've ever done. Seriously!
    Old 04-29-2011, 11:01 AM

Wow- you put a lot of work and creative thought into each block. I am impressed!
    Old 04-29-2011, 11:01 AM

Wow- you put a lot of work and creative thought into each block. I am impressed!
    Old 04-29-2011, 11:06 AM

Yes there are crazy quilters out here. I need to learn how to use my digital camera. I have been cqing for several years now. One of my best friends started a small group in our guild. We even have a state group in fl. We used to meet twice a year for a weekend gathering. I love crazy quilting because it is so creative. I will post some pictures soon. Genny in Fl
    Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 AM

Wonderful stitches and choice of color.
    Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM

Wow! They are beautiful.