Old 03-30-2016, 10:30 AM

Default creative stripolgy verus june tailor

is one better quality than the other
    would love to have but would be afraid i would nick the plastic
    any thoughts?
    Thanks Gale
    Old 03-30-2016, 10:36 AM
    Power Poster

I got the June Taylor pro and it is really big. I am never in a rush when I have a rotary cutter in my hand so I have never yet nicked it. It was much cheaper on sale with 60% off while the creative stripolgy is sort of an investment.
    Old 03-30-2016, 10:45 AM
    Power Poster

I have the June TAylor Shape Cut and have no problem. Like ManiacQuilter2, I try to be careful and not be in a hurry. My first fingertip cut taught me that. Told DH to go slow but some men think they know better after giving me his evil eye, which I informed him to retract or else, He proceeded at his hurried 5th gear speed and 5 hours later and 8 stitches and few hundred dollars later, he has slowed down to almost a crawl. If I can't get it on sale within my budget, I pass it up.
    Old 03-30-2016, 11:50 AM

I have the June Taylor one now and it has lots of chips in it plus I have to fold the fabric twice to get it to fit. Checked out the Creative Stripolgy ruler at my local fabric store and though it is pricey I like it better as it has those grippy things on the backside so the ruler doesn't slip/move on me and its wider so I can cut more strips at one time. Can't remember if its taller or not.............short term memory here. When my budget can afford it I'm setting my sights on getting the new ruler.
    Old 03-30-2016, 01:07 PM
    Power Poster

I have both. I am one of the rare ones who doesn't particularly care for the Stripology ruler; I still prefer my June Tailor. I find the Stripology unnecessarily large and bulky. It is made out of hard plastic whereas the JT is made of softer plastic. I thought I would like the hard plastic better, but I don't.

I have several JT's in different sizes. The biggest one (the Pro) is really suitable only if you plan on cutting lots of 2.5" or 5" strips. It is very large and I guess I just don't like the large versions of these mats. They just feel awkward to me.

My preference for backing the JT's so they don't slip are the adhesive Grip Strips, which can be cut to size and placed anywhere underneath the mat. These stabilize the JT's for me so they don't slip. Here is a link to what I use on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Guidelines4qui...dp/B009DF9DLA/ .

I have not had a problem with nicks in the plastic from cutting. I think it really depends on your cutting style. If you always make sure that you are positioning the blade in an upright position as you cut, which is what I do, you won't get nicks. My guess is that nicks come when you are not paying attention and allow the cutter to be cutting at an angle.
    Old 03-30-2016, 01:33 PM
    Power Poster

I have the June Taylor one and have used lots and lots. It did break from putting it to the side. It broke from the bottom up to the #1 slot. I taped it back together on both sides with an enforced clear strapping tape, good as new.
    Old 03-30-2016, 01:57 PM
    Banned

I don't like either one of them. I bought a shape cut ruler when I first started quilting and hated it, gave it away.

Cari
    Old 03-30-2016, 02:09 PM

Thanks for all the reviews
    I saw June at micheals in Canada for 34.99 thought was a good price
    might even be able to use a coupon
    gale
    Old 03-30-2016, 04:02 PM

I love my June Taylor. Couldn't quilt without it. I just saw it on Amazon for $33. I sure don't remember paying that much for mine! I don't know anything about the other one, but if it is pricey, that's just as well. I am too frugal for it, I am sure.

Dina
    Old 03-30-2016, 04:19 PM

Still prefer my Alto's Quilt Cut2 to either of these. It's more versatile. Bought it years ago and its still going strong.