Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Creative Touch software >
  • Creative Touch software

• Creative Touch software

Old 02-28-2022, 01:42 PM

Default Creative Touch software

I have the creative touch software and it keeps freezing up on me(very frustrating). During one of the Grace quilting show I purchased an upgrade with some fancy corner and border options. Ever since I can’t get thru a quilt without it being a struggle, taking forever and too many restarts. To be honest they look like a hot mess!!
    anyone have any suggestions for me??
    Old 02-28-2022, 03:37 PM
    Gay

I don't know anything about this program as I have others. Probably the best idea is to contact Grace - or your nearest dealers who supplies this - and talk it over with them. So sad when an upgrade fails to deliver.
    Old 02-28-2022, 04:06 PM

I have q'nique 21 with QCT Beginnings. It works very well for me, but there is a learning curve...

A couple of questions for you:

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements for running QCT? If not, that could be at least part of the problem.

Do you have the computer set on Airplane Mode ON? That turns off the internet. QCT gets 'interrupted' by WIFI sending or receiving 'stuff', so it will seem y at QCT is not working.

Are your Windows updates current? I'm not sure why, but Windows updates need to be current or the QCT software doesn't function right.

Run a Windows virus scan before you start QCT. If not, the virus scan runs intermittently (it's not something you can schedule) and interrupts QCT software.

Set your screen time out to: Never. When the screen times out, the next time you try to do something on the screen you will not get a quick response, which can cause problems with your quilting.

I also turn off Virus Protection and Firewall protection, again, to prevent software interruptions of QCT. But they are turned On again before I turn Airplane Mode Off.

If none of the suggestions above help/resolve your issues, Call Grace Company for help. They are excellent and do get back to you fairly quickly. Also, visit Facebook sites "Quilting with Grace" and "Quilters Creative Touch" sites. There are many resources and videos that are very helpful.

Good luck!