Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • crutch covers >
  • crutch covers

• crutch covers

Old 10-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Some time ago someone shared a site for covers for the top of crutches. I swore I saved the pattern but can't find it. my hubby will be on crutches for 3 months and his under arms are already sore and its only been 2 weeks.
    I did find 1 topic but the site didn't pull up the pattern and don't see it listed. did anyone else save the free pattern???
    Old 10-13-2011, 04:25 PM

Sorry.. I never saw a pattern but when my son broke his foot I took some foam and then wrapped it with fleece and just hand sewed it on the bottom.. I am sure someone will be able to find it for you. Hope your hubby gets well soon.
    Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM

I found this tutorial offsite, if it helps: http://www.thestuffofsuccess.com/201...-tutorial.html
    Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Hope you find it as the crutches won't only make his arms sore, they will eventually ruin his shoulders.
    Old 10-13-2011, 06:31 PM
    Power Poster

i think the QB poster made up her own pattern for them
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts
    I found this tutorial offsite, if it helps: http://www.thestuffofsuccess.com/201...-tutorial.html
    Thanks so much
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by barny
    Hope you find it as the crutches won't only make his arms sore, they will eventually ruin his shoulders.
    what I'm worried about is his new knee he had that 2 years ago. he's non weight bearing for 3 months. so the right leg with the new knee is going to be supporting him. of course insurance will not pay for a wheel chair or the new device that is like a wheeler on wheels . It has a shelf the leg rests on so no need for crtuches. That cost $750 or we can rent it for $30 a week . yea right like thats possible.and everyone says Ford has good insurance. well they don't have retiree insurance it really sucks. Ford Motor really put it to their retirees.
    Yes I'm venting. He worked 7 days a week 12 hrs a day for 32 years He worked in the foundary . in those years he missed MAYBE a total of 2 weeks at the most.
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM

I have had a knee replacement. There should be no problem with your husband's leg with a replacement knee supporting him while he recuperates. Those knees are made to be stronger than real bone. Since you can't afford a wheel chair, try looking or advertising on Craig's list for a walker with a seat in it. Look at the Goodwill stores or other used clothing stores. You frequently find walkers at these places. The ones that have a seat in them
    (so that when you are tired you can turn around and sit down) might be just the thing to help you. He could sit and propel himself with his good leg; he could stand and rest his other leg on the seat, etc. We bought ours new for $120, so used should probably be about $20. Inquire at your church for a wheelchair you can borrow for 3 months. Lots of people have them that don't use them. i.e., the people who got them has died, etc. Check out garage sales. Good luck.