Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Curious >
  • Curious

• Curious

Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 AM

I'm working to make one for my husband now. He says he wants one :)
    Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by MarthaT
    Just curious, different ones have mentioned making quilts for their husbands. I can't imagine what my sweet hubby would do with one. He fully supports my quilting habit and sleeps under one of my quilts every night (the one in my avatar), but I'm not sure what he would do with one if I gave it to him. What do your husbands do with theirs?

Lap quilts are great for men especially in the winter months while they watch TV.
    Old 01-06-2011, 07:11 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

my hubby likes the smaller quilts ~ he insists he needs to thermoregulate by having his feet exposed... he kept swiping the granddaughters' quilt and using that, so I made him one with our fave NFL team fabrics... it lives on his recliner ~ I took it to the car, to warm up the leather seat when I was doing errands, and didn't hear the end of it "Where did MY quilt go?!?" (guess I need to make a second back up one?)
    Old 01-06-2011, 07:17 AM

Just curious, different ones have mentioned making quilts for their husbands. I can't imagine what my sweet hubby would do with one. He fully supports my quilting habit and sleeps under one of my quilts every night (the one in my avatar), but I'm not sure what he would do with one if I gave it to him. What do your husbands do with theirs?

I have made him several wall hangings for his office. I cycle them in and out. I don't think he'd have a use for his own personal bed size quilt, though.
    Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 AM

Just have to respond to this thread. my husband wanted we to make a quilt for him when he had to have a by pass surgery. You can see it in a thread " I don't see much quilting in My future". His surgery was in August and he used it constantly. Still does. He is currently in the hospital and has it with him again.He picked out the colors and told me exactly what he wanted. His reaction to his quilt is all that I need to have my passion for quilting feed.
    Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 AM

would you tell me the name of your quilt in your picture - just love it!!!

thanks

darlene
    Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 AM

would you tell me the name of your quilt in your picture - just love it!!!

thanks

darlene
    Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 AM

At his request I made a quilt for my husband. It is a southwestern quilt (mostly browns, turquoise, etc.) and he loves it but it goes on OUR bed. I also made one for us. It is an attic windows quilt and in the windows are things we saw from our attic windows as a child. I lived in the city and so mine has a brick wall, geraniums in pots, cars, etc. and he lived on a farm so his has cows, horses, a garden, corn, etc. It was fun to make and is in our rotation of quilts for the year. I usually leave a quilt on for about 3 months and then take it off, wash it, and put it away for another year.
    Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 AM

I made one for my husband, and I know he's not that excited about it. It was made from fish fabric because we are scuba divers. I put two layers of wool batting in it so that it would be thick and warm, as he likes it. What he really likes, however, are the flannel rag quilts I made for our family room--for watching TV. If you think he would like something cozy, I suggest flannel.
    Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 AM

This is so funny to me. Yrs. ago I was making Quillows for everybody. My hubby asked "where's mine"? So I immed. set about making one just for him. He not only never used it, it didn't even get pulled out of the pillow. I knew he'd never use one but at least he knew I made one just for him.