Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Cutting Scrap Stash With Accuquilt Go Cutter >
  • Cutting Scrap Stash With Accuquilt Go Cutter

• Cutting Scrap Stash With Accuquilt Go Cutter

Old 12-29-2014, 06:12 AM

I just recently bought a set of dies for this purpose but I haven't had a chance to do it yet!

I bought a set of blocks and rectangles that will fit together. The ones I got finish at 1.5x3, 3x3, 3x6 and 6x6. With those, I think I'll be able to get maximum usage out of my scraps, and all those pieces can be assembled fairly easily into randomly pieced 12x12 blocks. I also have a die from another project that cuts blocks that finish at 4", those could get mixed in too. (I love scrappy/random quilts)

All the little strips and bits between the cuts will either go into crazy quilts or the dog bed bag.
    Old 12-29-2014, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma
    I just recently bought a set of dies for this purpose but I haven't had a chance to do it yet!

I bought a set of blocks and rectangles that will fit together. The ones I got finish at 1.5x3, 3x3, 3x6 and 6x6. With those, I think I'll be able to get maximum usage out of my scraps, and all those pieces can be assembled fairly easily into randomly pieced 12x12 blocks. I also have a die from another project that cuts blocks that finish at 4", those could get mixed in too. (I love scrappy/random quilts)
    All the little strips and bits between the cuts will either go into crazy quilts or the dog bed bag.
    Good plan.......I may follow with some of mine...maybe make a utility quilt from that.....I have to check and make sure I have all the sizes needed...either GO or Sizzix.......