Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Cutting Table >
  • Cutting Table

• Cutting Table

Old 05-07-2011, 06:09 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by AZTeri
    I'm in the process of planning out my new sewing room. I was considering one of these, but my dh suggested that I look on Craig's list instead and see if anyone is remodeling their kitchen and has cabinets they are getting rid of. He could then put them in my new room, with a top on them. They would not only be the right height for me, but also have ample storage.
    I had one made from an old bathroom cabinet. DH put it on wheels. It had a particle board top DH varnished. Then he hinged a piece to go on the back so it made a nice table when you pulled it all out. And it had storage.
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:32 AM

I have had this table for about 2 years. It is okay. It is not as stable as I had hoped, but I really like that both sides can be up or down depending on need. I still like the island in my kitchen best. But the table is in my sewing room upstairs & it is not always convenient to come downstairs to cut.
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:39 AM

I`m having back problems with the kitchen table (old one) that I have in my sewing room, so trying to save money, I`m going to get bed risers and hope it works. This table is not used for any thing but sewing.
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 AM

I have one for at least 6 years, folds easy great for pinning quilts and drape a quilt over when not in use also serving table of family go for it
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 AM

I have two of them. I also got the ironing cover for one and that is handy for pressing big pieces. Thank goodness for 50% off coupons. One of my bestest buys
    Old 05-07-2011, 07:00 AM

I have had mine for 8 - 9 years. Love it. Never drop the sides. I have the cutting mat that goes with it. I have also seen it with an ironing cover on it at a LQS.
    Old 05-07-2011, 07:08 AM

I have 2 of the tables from Joann's the older one I have is not a stable and the newer on. The legs that hold the ends up is better on the newer one.
    Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Same here!!! I love this table, My DH put it together for me... I helped and It was easier than I thought... a few of the pre- prepped holes were a bit off, but it is great to have... great Idea for the buffet for a group!!
    Old 05-07-2011, 08:00 AM

I am on my second one. First one, husband ruined by leaving it out in the rain. Wouldn't be without. Love it and it is well worth every penny you have to pay. Go get it and enjoy!!!!! Make cutting a lot easier. Used to use it for my embroidery machine as well. Worked really well.
    Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 AM

Yup, I have had mine for over 10 years. I might have even purchased it when it was about $60 on sale for $30.

Anyway, I have even used it as a spare buffet table when have large amounts of guests in my home.

Currently, have mine set up with only one side up in our second hallway. Some caution here though... on carpet the table legs stay where you put them. However, on hardwood type floors, one can easily bump an extention leg enough times to push it in far enough that the top begins to lean or drop. Ask me how I know! You only have to experience this once or twice and you get the hang of not doing it. Great concept and very useful. Too bad the price has gone up so high.