Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • day of horrors >
  • day of horrors

• day of horrors

Old 03-22-2014, 04:39 AM

Some good quality chocolate, a little wine, a good night's sleep and you will be as good as new!
    Old 03-22-2014, 05:08 AM

Talking Day of Horrors

Yes, couldn't get checkbook balanced. Was off an even $100. Went thru gobs of adding machine tape. Quit working on it and in the morning, the error popped right out at me. Was putting the same wrong figure in the adding machine all the time. Now, I've got another problem: Embroidery machine jammed and I can't figure out why.
    Dodee

Last edited by Dodee; 03-22-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    Old 03-22-2014, 06:10 AM

I have, on occasion, just got up, screamed loudly, and walked away until another day.
    Old 03-22-2014, 06:18 AM

we all have days like that -- then I think about quilting by checkbook (someone else to do the quilting) -- there always seems to be something on every project that I do that gives trouble!! -- maybe that just part of the fun with this hobby, challenges!!
    Old 03-22-2014, 07:13 AM

Horror? Kind of strong ....i can think of other events that would deserve the title. Fortunately..I have been blessed so far, to avoid a true "horror".

Step away, take a break, sleep on it, then tackle it.

sandy
    Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 AM
    Power Poster

Hang in there, put everything aside for another day. Things will look different in the morning. I find if I'm having a bad day, I change tactics and do something else, read, go on the computer, etc. etc. It usually works and I come back to it with a new perspective.
    Old 03-22-2014, 09:58 AM

I'm having that kind of day also. I had pinned about half of my quilt and decided to take a break and get my sewing machine ready for quilting. No problems winding all the bobbins; but threading was an entirely different story. I threaded it 8 times and the thread was not going through the tension disks correctly. Finally, I turned off and restarted the machine. It threaded perfectly the first time. Back to pinning. The quilt is a children's quilt made from a kit. I had found a couple of errors in the instructions and there was not enough of one of the fabrics to cut as instructed. That should have alerted me to check the backing. Fortunately, as I moved the quilt sandwich for additional pinning, I discovered that the backing was 6" too short. After much unpinning and adding a patched 6" strip, I am in no mood to start over with the pinning. I'm watching NCAA basketball. By tomorrow, I will have forgotten the frustration.
    Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Franc36, you've made my day and reminded me that its not just me we all gave bad days, although it does make you feel like throwing a tantrum, I can now sympathise with toddlers and understand why they lay on the ground and scream, must be quite satisfying.
    Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM

hang in there, you will make it work!
    Old 03-22-2014, 03:42 PM

Have you seen the commercial where the guy was installing the ceiling fan and it shorts out, falls and breaks the coffee table and the next scene you see it coming through the front window? I have had that day - where I just want to throw something. And right now a quilt is driving me crazy, I want to give it to charity, my husband likes it, my daughter thinks I should go ahead and give it to the person it is intended for and if she doesn't like it, then she can give it away.