Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Did you finish your Christmas presents? I just now finished >
  • Did you finish your Christmas presents? I just now finished

• Did you finish your Christmas presents? I just now finished

Old 12-24-2013, 09:06 AM

Have one left to embroidery, then done for 2013 Christmas gifts .
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE.
    Old 12-24-2013, 11:22 AM
    Power Poster

What wonderful quilts, and I really love the backs as much as the fronts. They should be a real hit.
    Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM

Yes, though my gifts were smaller projects, not a bed quilt or even a lap quilt, wall hanging or table runner this year. Medical woes interferred. The doctors have me on injections and IV infusions, I joined a health club for the aqua fit classes, and I am eating more healthy. So I am trying to get my RA improved so I can quilt for 4 brides in 2014 and 2 of those are my own daughters! Luckily, being in their early 30s, my 2 happy couples are planning and paying for their weddings and each daughter included me in her wedding gown shopping day... so much fun! So, other than helping with bridal showers, my main duty is to make them each a special quilt gift. I'll relearn how to post photos when I finish the first one. My plans are very unique and I know each will love hers...because, I was wise enough to ask each if she would love my design for her and thinking about her house, to tell me her color preferences. I am all ready for my first daughter and my niece's gifts with fabric I already have. Those must be all done by April. My other daughter and longtime friend's daughter are due in July. After the holiday decorations are down and stored and my birthday has been celebrated, by mid-January, I'll be very excited to begin! So, back to your question, yes, I did the smaller gifts for Christmas ie stethoscope covers, potholders, etc, and had them wrapped in time.
    Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM

I finished the things I was making the 14. I made 8 AG doll dresses for a DGD who asked for a lot of doll clothes. When I asked how many was a lot she said about 8. I made a bag with pockets for 48 crayons on the outside, full 360degree skirt, double sided apron that crossed in back. Took me awhile to figure out how to get that one on. I hope my DS will take pics as his wife figures it out. She loves aprons. And a crib quilt with roads on it. I sent a noisy car with it. I'm already thinking about next year but right now working on Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice mystery quilt.
    Old 12-24-2013, 01:01 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

your quilts are great! a finished project always feels good. I only did 1 large quilt and 3 kid size and a few baby sz. some fabric bowls, placemats, table runners, stockings, a fabric tic tac toe board and bean bags, luggage tags, play fabric food for the grands, some pjs and am going to take advantage of the quiet now to start a list for next year. I work much better with a list. I swear if it's not written down pffft-forgotten! nice work everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! see you after the new year. we can compare lists and give ideas and links to patterns! I can't wait to get started
    Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 PM

2 i finished
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 12-24-2013, 01:50 PM

I would be done but my body decided it needed to be in the hospital the week before Christmas and here I am in a pickle. And besides, I have no energy to finish. So, they will have to wait!
    Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM

Nope...LOL

I have so many projects going I will be working on them until the New Year.
    Old 12-24-2013, 04:33 PM

Such beautiful quilts! Can't believe how ambitious you all are. When did everyone start their projects? (I have one quilt that I've been working on for 3 years and still not done - needs borders, binding and quilting). The recipients of your gifts are very lucky indeed.

Anita
    Old 12-24-2013, 05:00 PM

I am notoriously late for celebrations and holidays. I have over sixty years trying to get things done one time, but my record is still untarnished. I tell my family that we celebrate Russian Christmas. My DGS will get his quilt the first week in January. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.