Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend? >
  • Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend?

• Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM

Get well soon!!!

Originally Posted by adamae
    No sewing, taking meds for the flu, cold, crud, whatever...it is so-o-o miserable. I hate being sick. Glad to see others being productive.
    Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 PM

I finished a rag quilt. Then I started purging my quilting material.
    Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM

Didn't do any sewing...but did do some sorting...trying to clean out some items I don't need anymore in preparation for hopefully moving in a few months. Hard to do. I took down Christmas decorations today, and do have a box of items I can let go of....like, but don't love. Also went through my shoes and came up with 6 pairs I really don't wear so they are going to go, and some clothes that don't fit, and that I don't wear. Hardest for me is to let go of any of my sewing items.

I wish I had a glass ball I could look in and see the future home where I would live so I would know how much room I will have and what kind of storage area so I had a better idea of what I could keep. Have to sell house first, selling "as is" and hope it will sell pretty fast once I am ready to put it on the market (my goal is March 1st).

Won't be getting much sewing done for the next few months, but hoping once moved and settled into a new place, that I will be able to sew on a more regular basis again...would love to do at least 30 minutes a day during the week, and a couple of hours each day on the weekend.
    Old 01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
    Power Poster

Started a sampler quilt, got three blocks done.
    Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    I didn't sew or quilt anything this weekend. Actually, I haven't sewn anything since right before Christmas. I am cleaning and organizing my sewing area. Okay, I am really only giving it a half hearted attempt!!! I did cut some of my scraps into 2 1/2" strips, 2 1/2" squares and 5" squares today but alas, that was also a half hearted attempt. Just not feeling quilting motivated right now. . .
    Know what you mean. Good you got some strips cut. That is something for sure. This time of the year can be a it blah. so anything we get done is great.
    Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM

I accomplished extreme frustration with embroidery
    Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    I accomplished extreme frustration with embroidery
    yep I understand. Tried that yesterday and just Became frustrated and just gave up for the day. Just relax and try again another day.
    Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM

No, but I did make progress. I put 6 blocks together for the mayhem mystery quilt. Will finish later this week.
    Also pinned the binding on my Neb quilt. Again I will finish later in the week. Wanting to catch up on mystery quilt from this board. Planned on setting up another quilt top to quilt, didn't get that done either. I figure there is always tomorrow or later in the week to complete my projects.
    Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
    Power Poster

Fighting a little cold but managed to get two boarders cut and on the quilt top I am working on.
    Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
    Didn't do any sewing...but did do some sorting...trying to clean out some items I don't need anymore in preparation for hopefully moving in a few months. Hard to do. I took down Christmas decorations today, and do have a box of items I can let go of....like, but don't love. Also went through my shoes and came up with 6 pairs I really don't wear so they are going to go, and some clothes that don't fit, and that I don't wear. Hardest for me is to let go of any of my sewing items.

I wish I had a glass ball I could look in and see the future home where I would live so I would know how much room I will have and what kind of storage area so I had a better idea of what I could keep. Have to sell house first, selling "as is" and hope it will sell pretty fast once I am ready to put it on the market (my goal is March 1st).

Won't be getting much sewing done for the next few months, but hoping once moved and settled into a new place, that I will be able to sew on a more regular basis again...would love to do at least 30 minutes a day during the week, and a couple of hours each day on the weekend.
    Keep me informed if you will on how this goes. We are planning on downsizing big time next yr or two. I have no big attachments to anything but my machines as far as the household stuff. I do not want to part with any of thm and like you not sure where or how much room we will have at this point in our next house. Sounds like it is going to be a bird house listening to my dh. Ok, but not leaving without my machines: