Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Different places you sew >
  • Different places you sew

• Different places you sew

Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 AM

I have been banned to my sewing room because I have a habit of Taking over wherever I am. I would sew in the family room if they let me since we got a TV for Christmas- a 47" lcd flat screen. I LOVE it. Our old one was hit by lightening 8 years ago but didn't die so we watched it with people with green and blue hair in the upper corners and pink and red in the lower corners. I got tired of strange colors and the TV "appeared" out of nowhere.
    Old 05-29-2010, 09:34 AM

I have a small sewing room with 3 machines, but I also have a sewing machine set up in my kitchen. I am thinking about moving one to our front porch, just so I can spend some time outdoors.
    Old 05-29-2010, 09:58 AM
    Power Poster

No, redneck would be if you climbed into the back of the pickup that sits on blocks in your front yard and quilted there. That would be redneck. Or if you sat on the toilet in the yard and sewed. lol

I think heat is the quilter's enemy because the fabric and particularly the sandwich adds a lot of warms and we don't want our hands to sweat too much because we can't pull the needle. My sewing generally doesn't make it out of my sewing room but I've read posts on the QB where the island gals and some from the Mediterranean area take their sewing space outside.
    Old 05-29-2010, 10:06 AM

My sewing room is in a spare bedroom. Over the years I have sewn in the kitchen, basement in our house in Denver, and now in a spare bedroom. What I wouldn't give to have a screened in porch to sew in. I would love the feeling of being outdoors while I'm toiling away. :D
    I want to join AtHomeSewing, and sew while looking at that beautiful koi pond. :thumbup:
    Old 05-29-2010, 11:02 AM

counted x-stitch camping, in and out of the tent....
    sewing machine, living room, kitchen, hotel room, weekend away at resort. no sewing machine outside as of yet...
    Old 05-29-2010, 11:40 AM
    Power Poster

I would love to be able to sit out on a porch and sew :D:D:D nothing redneck about that!!!
    Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 AM

I have my sewing area in the dining rm. We are "empty nesters" now, so there is no issue using the dining rm. I have sewed on our deck : just outside the garage .......it worked for me....it was a rather quiet activity as compared to "power washers" or mowing lawns etc that one hears in the neighborhood. No negative comments from anyone !
    Old 05-29-2010, 11:52 AM

Front porch! Sounds wonderful. I'm willing to build one now just to have the porch sewing experience.

I do have a sun porch out back but someone else has claimed it as his TV/reading room.
    Old 05-29-2010, 12:36 PM

I have my own sewing room now, but I've sewed in the dining room, family room, kitchen, living room, and foyer(which was 8'x15'). I like having my own space now with my cat, TIA who sleeps on a chair pad, cutting table or ironing board if they're not in use.
    Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 PM

I sew in a large section of the basement (and it's still growing but needs to be rearranged). I have machines in a spare room and one in my room.

If the other 2 kids moved out, I'm sure I'd stake claim on their rooms too :) :)