Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Displaying a Quilt >
  • Displaying a Quilt

• Displaying a Quilt

Old 05-11-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Qbird
    My computer skills are not up to displaying a photo, sorry, there is a Farmer's wife thread going, and that is how I started on this, in fact made 2 blocks as I went alone, so have one to donate and 1 for myself, I used Kansas Troubles mostly, by Moda, and tried to get it looking much the same as Lori Hird's (the author of the book) Awsome looking quilt, go for it, and check out all the beautiful pictures of the Farmer's wife thread.
    Pipe sounds pretty heavy to move around, I wonder it pvc pipe would hold it up? and could get my farmer husband to work on that? thanks for the reply My son posted the avatar, so maybe when he comes to the farm in a couple weeks, will ask him to post it for me.
    Yes, PVC would be a great idea, and very portable. they wouldn't have to glue the pieces together so it could break down for travel.
    Old 05-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    I think you mean 6-1/2" unfinished (meaning before sashing)... as it's 6" finished with the sashing sewn on?

I was on her site before and went back now to check again ... all I could find is a small picture ... small enough that I can't really see each block. Maybe she doesn't want to show it off much, to prevent people from looking at it and making it without her pattern?
    You are right, 6 1/2 inch unfinished and 6 with sashing sorry---basically there are 111 different blocks in the queen, so obviously you could pick any 111 designs , put them on point, sash them etc. but it was convenient having all 111 patterns grouped together in a book thanks everyone for suggestions, think I will send some signs to attach, saying please do not touch, might help a little
    Old 05-11-2011, 05:38 AM
    Banned

Here is a link I found with LOTS of pics of the Farmers Wife Quilt on it:

http://www.google.com/search?q=farme...&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=n4_KTa35D-Xa0QGh1OjPBw&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1167&bih=491

Also, here's a good link on Connecting Threads, that also has some pattern block instructions for it.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/boo...t__D45058.html

It is a beautiful quilt & would be a REAL CHALLENGE.