Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you get side-tracked? >
  • Do you get side-tracked?

• Do you get side-tracked?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 AM

I sure do... I just love feeling and re-arranging my fabric. I think I get more of that than sewing done. Can't say my fabric will not be unusable in 20 years. It gets refolded about once a month. LOL
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
    I was just wondering how many of you get side-tracked when looking through your scraps for colors, etc. I'm working on a quilt using brights and white-on-white. It's all tone-on-tones as you can see. Anyway, decided to look through scrap boxes for more and found myself re-organizing the scraps in the box. I spent more than an hour pressing, and straightening the pieces when I could have been sewing. So, has this happened to you?
    It is a women thing. I do this with everything until I make myself focus. Have a lot of trouble with focus. lol
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 AM

I love it here. You all make me feel normal! Hubby things I'm nuts because I go from project to project (to project),and if I just stick with one I'd actually finish faster. I think quilting makes you susceptible to catching ADD. I used to think I was nuts, but now I think I"m normal. ;)
    Old 01-28-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Yes, I do the same thing.
    Those blocks are beautiful!!!!!!!! :D
    :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Old 01-28-2011, 08:12 AM

I love that quilt. What pattern are you using?
    Old 01-28-2011, 09:41 AM

Hey everyone, I am so glad I am not alone in my thinking. Don't know if I'd call it ADD but in the long run if sure helps keep me more organized. I just sent Gwyn instructions for the block. Here they are for the rest of you who may be interested.

The pattern is so simple. I guess that's why I got started and couldn't seem to stop. It's a basic 4 patch--not my idea but certainly something you need to purchase. The block is made up of squares and half-squares and is 6 1/2" unfinished. Here's the measurements: Background fabric (my white-on-white) - cut one (1) 3 7/8" sq and four (4) 2" squares. From the colors - cut one (1) 3 7/8" sq and four (4) 2" squares. You probably know how to make the h/s units by placing the 2 pieces right sides together, drawing the line, sewing 1/4" on either side and cutting on the line to get 2 h/s units. Then simply sew as shown in the picture. Top left is 4 patch with color on the left corner sewn to h/s unit with color on the right corner. Bottom portion is h/s unit color on the lower left and 4 patch with color on the upper left to make a diagonal ladder. If I hadn't been making this block with specific colors in the little 4 patch units for my luncheon I would make the whole block using scraps. Great way to use them up. I'm glad you like it. Not sure how it will look put together but will post when it's done. Give it a try and you'll see how easy and addicting it is and how nice it is not to have to follow a purchased pattern. Good luck.
    Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 PM

I, too, have ADD. But the blessing part is that those with ADD or ADHD are often the most creative, brightest and most intelligent people!!! It fits, doesn't it?
    Old 01-28-2011, 10:22 PM

Isn't it called AADD? Adult Attention Deficit Disorder? I do that all the time. While looking for a fabric for the current WIP I see something that sparks a possible new project and get side tracked for a bit. Or it could be go to the kitchen for glass of water and end up cleaning the kitchen instead of going back to sewing. lol.