Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you give the quilts right away, or keep them for a while to look at?? >
  • Do you give the quilts right away, or keep them for a while to look at??

• Do you give the quilts right away, or keep them for a while to look at??

Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 AM

I always take digital pics of my quilts; they have a computer file all their own. And my favorites take their turns in my rotating screen saver. I hang my finished quilts to enjoy before they pass on to their permanent destinations...even if its just for a week. I've put a lot of love and labor in them and I want to take pleasure in another job well done! <g>
    Old 01-30-2011, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by luvspaper
    I give them away quickly, but have fallen in love with all of them. I do keep a picture album of them all though.

I make specific quilts for specific people....by now most of my family knows they will each eventually get one, but they don't really get to choose. However one SIL might design her own ...and my one sister requested I use her wedding dress....tore it apart yesterday.
    I do that too. Once they are made they go to thier new home as soon as possible.
    Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
    Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Hi, new one here. I have to admit it, I keep my quilts, well OK I have given a few to family members, Mom, and the boys! I have always had a passion for quilts and never had anyone make me one, so I make them for myself. It is probably selfish, but I am just starting and really love having them around.
    You are not selfish no one person should have to go though life quiltless. I made several quilts for myself, before I started making them for gifts. Now I do both some for me, some for others. Happy quilting :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    When you are just starting out it's hard to part with them. Then you will make one with someone else in mind and it gets easier. Still hard. Some of them I know I will get back someday and that makes it easier. Take pictures.
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:41 PM

I have only made 1 king size and 2 crib quilts and am working on anotherking size now. The ones I have made have been started with a particular person in mind. After this one I have another to make for another person. These people are my children. I am looking forward to making one for myself.
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:45 PM

I have given away alot of quilts in the past. I also have 4 or five i have kept of our home.
    Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 AM

speaking of falling in love with our folk-art creations, which is what I consider our quilts to be, I'm falling in love with your neat treadle Singer in the background with the beautiful plants on top of it. Must be very agreeable light for them right there.
    Nice job on the quilt, too!