Originally Posted by Linda B
    The Borg were on Star Trek: Enterprise
    or the great Swedish tennis champion Bjorn Borg
    Old 06-21-2010, 08:06 AM
    Power Poster

Wow those links are wonderful!!!!!!! Thanks :D
    Old 06-21-2010, 10:32 AM
    Power Poster

This is something that I did in EQ5 recently. This pattern can easily be enlarged or shrunk as needed. I plan to do this in the fall. I am telling myself that I cannot start anything new until I finish the two I am working on now.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-89207.bmp  
    Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I saw a really sharp one in a catalog I recently got - and came close to getting it but realized there is no way I'd get to it this year so I restrained myself (yes, I do have restraint sometimes!)
    http://www.keepsakequilting.com/prod...ATTERNPLUS.htm

I know it's not the one you were thinking of but I thought of it when I read your post... I just love that pattern but know better than to even add it to my to do list!
    I have been lusting over this one for a while, I had my hands on it the last time I was in the store, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money for the kit yet. But someday I will!! :) Oh and it's the one I immediately thought of too!! :) :) :)

Rachel
    Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 AM
    cka

I've been toying with the idea of going to Keepsake Quilting store. I live in SW Michigan...give me your thoughts please, is it worth the drive?
    Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by cka
    I've been toying with the idea of going to Keepsake Quilting store. I live in SW Michigan...give me your thoughts please, is it worth the drive?
    Let’s see, that’s a 17 hour drive? I do love the store, but it’s not really different from their catalogue. However I will say that if you were willing to spend some time with us in NH, you could find plenty around here to make that kind of drive more than worthwhile because while I wouldn’t say the store by itself is worth an 18 hour drive (only because you can find all the same stuff in the catalogue and their in store clearance sales aren’t super grand), going to the store plus seeing the White mountains, driving the Kangamangus Highway, visiting Lake Winnipesauke, and maybe taking a drive up Mount Washington, all combined would make the trip more than worth it. The store is big though, probably 2.5 times bigger than your normal quilt store. Plus we have a myriad of quilt stores on the NH/MA border, so if you head a little south of Keepsake Quilting, you could do a really fun shop hop. There has to be at least 8 to 10 stores within an one hour driving radius. Fall would probably be a good time to come, then you can leaf peep too. We have a very pretty state up here, I think you would love it. :)

Rachel

Oh and we have our own song too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7nQrCgALM

:) :) :)
    Old 06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
    cka

I love it...great song.

We drove through NH on the way to Newfoundland a few years ago. Even climbed or rather my motorcycled climbed I white knuckled it, up Mt. Washington. I'm very proud of that feat.

Crossed the lake on a ferry I think, but didn't know about Keepsake Quilting or I would have pestered DH to make a detour.

I have a dear elderly aunt in Central PA...maybe can use a visit as an excuse. Hummmm... Thanks.
    Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by cka
    I love it...great song.

We drove through NH on the way to Newfoundland a few years ago. Even climbed or rather my motorcycled climbed I white knuckled it, up Mt. Washington. I'm very proud of that feat.

Crossed the lake on a ferry I think, but didn't know about Keepsake Quilting or I would have pestered DH to make a detour.

I have a dear elderly aunt in Central PA...maybe can use a visit as an excuse. Hummmm... Thanks.
    Wow that is brave!! NH is a beautiful state, especially up in the mountains. Keepsake isn’t as far as the White Mountains, but if you were here anyway, it’s worth the drive. Keepsake is a little south of the mountains in the Lakes Region, which is just as pretty, especially in the summer. Too bad you weren’t here last week, it was motorcycle weekend, they hold it right around the corner practically from Keepsake, that would have been a good excuse!! :)

Rachel
    Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 PM

My husband would say that we are like the Borg on one of those Star Trek shows.. I don't remember which series it was that had the Borg...
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    Old 06-21-2010, 01:07 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by athenagwis
    I saw a really sharp one in a catalog I recently got - and came close to getting it but realized there is no way I'd get to it this year so I restrained myself (yes, I do have restraint sometimes!)
    http://www.keepsakequilting.com/prod...ATTERNPLUS.htm

I know it's not the one you were thinking of but I thought of it when I read your post... I just love that pattern but know better than to even add it to my to do list!
    I have been lusting over this one for a while, I had my hands on it the last time I was in the store, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money for the kit yet. But someday I will!! :) Oh and it's the one I immediately thought of too!! :) :) :)

Rachel
    Wow, Rachel, good control dear! That is a stunning one :D