Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do You Let Your Pets in Your Sewing Room and, If You Do, How Do They Help? >
  • Do You Let Your Pets in Your Sewing Room and, If You Do, How Do They Help?

• Do You Let Your Pets in Your Sewing Room and, If You Do, How Do They Help?

Old 02-24-2011, 06:55 PM

Our pug follows me everywhere. He sleeps on the floor while I sew and he has his own little bed right next to my piano. Couldn't keep him away. Come to think of it, I'd miss him if he weren't with me.
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 PM

My dachshund, Joey, has a bed and a blanket in my sewing room. He is my little buddy and follows me around the house. I don't do "clients" or "customers", so I don't have to worry about that. I have friends and family and they all love him.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-120623.jpe  
    Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 PM

My beagle is always in my room, she has a bed in there as well as her own little beagle quilt hanging above it. She just loves to sleep while I am working. My cats are not allowed. They occasionally sneak in. I have a mattress set up against one wall with my flannel sheet on it for a design board. My mama cat that sneaks in immediately goes and sits on the top of the mattress because she knows I can't reach up there!
    Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 PM

when my german shepherd was alive, he spent every waking minute with me. He was a tremendous help when I was sewing -- he would lie at the door entrance, guarding me against the quilt police.
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 PM

As you can see from my Avatar, my cat Tia has to inspect EVERYTHING that I do. It's a wonder that I haven't cut her tail off several times because she's always jumping on my cutting table just when I'm ready to cut fabric. She has a chair cushion pad beside my sewing machine for her to lay on and take her naps while I sew. I enjoy her being with me in my sewing room(she's my company while my DH is at work all day long). I always tell everyone when I give them a quilt that the catfur is FREE even though I do clean them before gifting them, lol!!
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 PM

i moved my sewing room into the room the cat stays in she is older and so far she doesnt jump up on my table as far as my chiu dogs they love to be with me everywhere
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM

Oh my cat loves to help by trying to make sure she knocks over the iron and lets all the water spill out or to make sure she tips it onto a plastic template or bag. Then she has to lay on the most expensive piece of fabric she can find, Kaufman, Moda, Bali, etc. She then will take a nice brand new spool of Egyptian cotton thread and wrap the furniture legs and then let the dog have it and he has to "personalize" the spool with his DNA and teeth marks so no one can steal it from his Momma and say it is theirs. This is the day in the life of my sewing room with pets.
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:56 PM
    Power Poster

Renee, JOEY is soooooooooooo precious!!! :D:D:D
    Old 02-25-2011, 03:09 AM

All 4 of my bassets like to come visit but Huggie Bear gets mad if I close the door to keep her out. If I won't let her in she goes down to the living room where Glenn has figurines displayed behind the couch. Huggie picks one of the figurines and throws it into the foyer knowing that will make me come running.
    Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 AM

My little rat dog follows me every where, no keeping Selena out. She helps with the baby goats too. She has a pillow to sleep while I sew. She yipes when someone is coming. Rest of dogs is on the doggie couch.