Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do You Listen To Music While You Quilt? >
  • Do You Listen To Music While You Quilt?

• Do You Listen To Music While You Quilt?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 AM

i love all types of music. i really enjoy new coubtry, rascal flatts. lady antebelum. keith urban, etc. i also like il divo and matchbox 20. its all good i just get into the music and it makes the sewing even more enjoyable.
    Old 05-13-2013, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise
    Sometimes. Bit most of the time I listen to audiobooks.
    Me too...I get the play-a-longs at my local library. All you have to do is plug in headphones or a little speaker which is what I do
    Old 05-13-2013, 04:19 AM

I have wireless headphones and generally listen to old movies. I don't mind reruns and I don't have to look to enjoy them since I can see the action in my mind and hear the dialog. If I don't keep my mind busy, I tend to start another project in it, get excited and before you know it - I'm off doing something different and not doing my quilting.
    I'm convinced I have ADD, but because of my age (67) they need to verify I'm not suffering from dimentia or ahlseimers before I get medicine for it. I've been through screening process and now I have to see a psychriatist for his evaluation. He keeps cancelling my appointment so I'm still waiting. I've been this way for a lifetime so I will survive the wait. Always thought it was a disease only kids had, now that I know - I'll wait and be grateful. Wireless headphones it is till then.
    Old 05-13-2013, 01:39 PM

Yes I do! About the only time I really listen to music other than in the car is when I'm sewing/piecing/quilting!
    Old 05-13-2013, 02:35 PM

I love music (blues, rock & roll - 60's & 70's) and listen to Otis Redding, BB King, Etta James, Aretha, Gladys Knight, Bonnie Raitt, and a few others on Pandora, which I love. Music soothes my soul when I am quilting.
    Old 05-13-2013, 03:28 PM

I'm an oldies girl myself...maybe because I'm old? (No I'm not...I'm only 57). Especially late in the afternoon, I like to listen and get the traffic reports/weather so I can plan my supper. Traffic report is important so I can gauge how long I have left to quilt before DH comes home from work. Have Pandora, but it is in living room on TV. Guess I could bring my laptop into my sewing room and listen through it. Huh, never crossed my mind til now to do that. A definite for tomorrow's sewing session.
    Old 05-13-2013, 03:37 PM

I love to listen to all genres while I quilt and embroider! NPR news, classical and baroque, The Original Carter Family, Simon and Garfunkle, Peter Paul and Mary, Billie Holiday, classic musicals, The Beatles, Nirvana, Loreena McKennitt, The White Stripes, Woodie Guthrie ... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I love Rhapsody and Pandora and almost any kind of music as long as it's done well
    Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 AM

I listen to classic rock and/or. Modern country with attitude while I quilt.keeps me peppy in my old age,lol
    Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 AM

I tune into a Blues radio channel (chosen according to mood) always when I start sewing. I have a wide selection on my PC . If none of those plese me at the moment I play my collections, mostly blues and music from the 70's up. My favorites haven't changed much since, just newer production. I finally got to go to Eric Clapton concert last summer - my son's gift to mom- and I' 66 yrs young!
    Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM

I'm a political junkie, so I listen to talk radio or sometimes will get on the internet and listen to Mark Levin "rewinds". But if I'm working at the dining room table I will put on Pandora radio - have been able to select lots of "stations" that plays all kinds of music.