Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do You Notify Online Company if your Yard Was only 34 inches? >
  • Do You Notify Online Company if your Yard Was only 34 inches?

• Do You Notify Online Company if your Yard Was only 34 inches?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 AM

This is why I LOVE Batiks Plus! They give a 40" yard and if you purchase $50.00 you get a free fat quarter.....

I hope your issue is resolved quickly .
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:17 AM

You need to let them know that there is someone cutting the fabric wrong. If they don';t do anything about it, they will lose customers because of it.
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:17 AM

My first preference would be to request proper cuts and an prepaid envelope to return the short pieces OR if there is another piece of a different fabric you've been wanting, I'd ask them for a full yard of it. I'm not sure about the extra shipping charge origination. Sorry that this happened.
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:36 AM
    Banned

They should know about what their 'cutters' are doing.

You said you "asked to speak with the manager but she wasn't in so I left the information with the employee that took the call".

Did the employee indicate you would be called back or just took the info? Sorry, but I'd be a little skeptical about every hearing again :x

If I didn't hear back in a reasonable time, I'd call again, if no contact then I think I would politely advise them you will certainly share your negative feedback of their company other quilters (& you have access to 1000's of quilters).

Do they have a contact area on their website? If so, place your experience there.

Hope you get some type of positive response from them. Good luck & keep us posted.
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 AM

I would sure let them know. That is too much fabric to just let it go. Also to be short 2 inches on so many pieces of fabric would make it difficult to complete your project. 2 inches is one whole strip of fabric.
    Sue
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:47 AM
    Power Poster

I would definitely complain as I am sure you were not the only one. Give the company a chance to make good on the proper cut or at the very least compensate you for the shortage somehow. If they don't know someone made a mistake then they can't correct it.
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:54 AM

Yes, let them know and be sure to let us know what happens. You should get a credit for the fabric shortages and the shipping overcharge. I order a lot on line and have never had a problem. I am sure this is just one of those strange errors that can happen.
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 AM

I would not hesitate to tell them, exactly how many pieces of fabric and exactly how much was short on each one.
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 AM

As everyone else has said, I would definitely let them know. I do have one question, you didn't wash your fabric did you?
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria
    I made a huge order with an online company last week. I was putting away the fabrics (23.5 yards in total) and noticed that the first yard I was wrapping on my fabric boards seemed short. I measured and it was just barely 34 inches. It turned out that 8 of my individual yards was cut at just barely 34 inches and 2 more at 34.5 inches. Plus, they charged me $5 more than the actual shipping rate. I called and asked to speak with the manager but she wasn't in so I left the information with the employee that took the call.

I don't want to be a difficult customer and cost them a lot of money so I'm not sure what I should be requesting they do (other than credit me the $5 overpayment for shipping). Do I request a small credit for each short yard or have them recut the fabric and send me that with a postage paid slip to ship back the short pieces??
    This happened to my daughter and she called the company and they sent her a postage paid envelope and sent her the right cut of fabric. I sure would let them know about the over charge and I guess if you can deal with the shortage then just keep the fabric and have them credit you for the shortages.