Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time? >
  • Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time?

• Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time?

Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 PM

Grammypatti I really enjoyed what you said about your quilts I would love to see them too. Its nice that you have people in your family that care enough about your quilts. I have a few peo[le who care I guess. I keep most of them because I don't have daughter in laws yet maybe one day.
    Old 03-27-2010, 07:38 PM

Grammypatti I really enjoyed what you said about your quilts I would love to see them too. Its nice that you have people in your family that care enough about your quilts. I have a few peo[le who care I guess. I keep most of them because I don't have daughter in laws yet maybe one day.
    Old 03-27-2010, 08:30 PM
    Power Poster

I quilt during the day on my days off. In the afternoon DGD is home and the evenings are always too busy.
    Old 03-27-2010, 09:19 PM
    Banned

I quilt in the day, that is when everyone is at work. but sometimes at night, fickle arent I :-) when ever I can. Penny
    Old 03-28-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by anglgrl
    Thank you. I've shared quite a few. I think if you click on my name in this email, it will take to my profile and from there you might be ableto find them. I've bookmarked the ones where I started the topic in the picture section and you can go there after clicking on my profile. There was also something about how many posts I've made which may also get to to some as I've posted in several topics and decided to put them in the picture area. Even our son loves Mom's quilts. He does get annoyed though that his wife won't let them use them as he agrees with me, quilts should be used and enjoyed. Just keep on making them and one day they too will be treasures. Many ladies in my quilt chapter area amazed at how much I quilt because they have no one who wants their quilts and their kids have even said they have enough. I personally can't fathom that but it has happened to several and it has them sad. Others just deal and happily make and donate to charities but these ladies are very prolific quilters. Hand quilters are not as prolific so by the time a quilt is completed, the recipient is eager and ready to have it. Back when I was working, it took 2 - 4 years per queen sized quilt. 12 - 18 months for a twin sized quilt so I'm not exactly over loading anyone.
    Old 03-28-2010, 05:35 AM

I'm working on a quilt for my son and having a hard time with it so I took time off, read two books, and still I think I will work on another quilt for the time being. When I am feeling more creative I'll get back to his quilt. It is all batiks and very contemporary which out of my norm.[/quote]

there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe you need a bit more time to wrap your brain around his quilt. For the next few years, I plan to make as many quilts as time and energy allow and will keep them here and they will be divided up eventually. If I run into health issues or time allows, will label each quilt at some point but I want to make sure there are enough on hand for each person to get 1 more.

Grammypatty7, thanks for the encouragement. When my mom was alive she did wonderful hand embroidery and knitting and crocheting. She had emphesema and wanted to make sure all the future great grand babies had items made from her, so she made up a slew of items. I have them in her hopechest and distribute a few to each grandchild for their new arrival. These are wonderful keepsakes.
    Old 03-28-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by puck116
    I'm working on a quilt for my son and having a hard time with it so I took time off, read two books, and still I think I will work on another quilt for the time being. When I am feeling more creative I'll get back to his quilt. It is all batiks and very contemporary which out of my norm.
    there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe you need a bit more time to wrap your brain around his quilt. For the next few years, I plan to make as many quilts as time and energy allow and will keep them here and they will be divided up eventually. If I run into health issues or time allows, will label each quilt at some point but I want to make sure there are enough on hand for each person to get 1 more.

Grammypatty7, thanks for the encouragement. When my mom was alive she did wonderful hand embroidery and knitting and crocheting. She had emphesema and wanted to make sure all the future great grand babies had items made from her, so she made up a slew of items. I have them in her hopechest and distribute a few to each grandchild for their new arrival. These are wonderful keepsakes.[/quote]

You'll get back to your quilting in time. If you have to force yourself, it truly isn't for you. It can be discouraging and frustrating, especially when you trying something new or challenging but oh when you see those eyes light up and the big smiles when you give that quilt to the recipient, it's worth every moment. I see that every time people look at my quilts and they are just looking, touching, and evidently feeling the love and joy I've put into them. It's awesome and awe inspiring. Go tackle that quilt and picture the quilt will result in.
    Old 03-28-2010, 05:05 PM
    Power Poster

I am mostly an early in the morning person, but every once in a while, I am in the sewing room at 8pm.
    Old 03-31-2010, 09:26 AM

I am very new at all this quilting stuff....but something that has come in handy for me so far... is to thread several needles onto the spool of thread..tie a knot in the end...and whenever you need one...simply take the knotted end and one of the needles...wind off as much as thread as needed...Make sure that all the needles that you arent using stay close to the spool itself..break the thread where needed..DON'T forget to tie a knot in the end.
    Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 AM

Grammy patti I just wanted to tell you I was shocked to find a vintage quilt at the swap meet and it is a king size quilt fits my bed perfectly, at a swapmeet in Victorville on Saturday this past weekend. I never find deals like this and also no one ever gives me quilts but this one was for me!!! lol The lady sold it to me for 4.00 no stains or rips its probably 40 yrs old. I love it.