Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you think you could get tired of quilting? >
  • Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

• Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 AM

I dream of being able to quit my job and spending as much time as I want quilting or in pursuit of other crafts but mainly quilting. Do you think you would ever get tired and stop quilting. Or is it because I don't have the the time I want to devote to quilting that I am dreaming. Maybe if I had the time I would be wanting to do something else. I used to knit and crochet but I have almost put that totally down for quilting. I couldn't see myself ever getting tired of quilting. What about you?
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:29 AM

I havent had a job in 3 months and Im sick of sewing. Im currently working on UFOs. I spent the last 3 months selling what I could. Been very busy and I'm ready for a real job. I like sewing as a hobby not a full time job.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 AM

I hope I never get tired of quilting. There are so many patterns that I want to try and make. And all the different lines of fabric coming out!!! Quilting has never been boring or tedious and to me, that means alot.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:33 AM

When I was handquilting I would get tired of it but since I FMQ I don't. Sometimes I don't feel like loading the frame, but once it is in I have a hard time stopping. Now making the tops I love to do because they are all so different. Usually while I'm quilting - I'm planning my next quilt top.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:33 AM
    Power Poster

I can get tired of a quilt, but not quilting.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by mrsddh97
    I dream of being able to quit my job and spending as much time as I want quilting or in pursuit of other crafts but mainly quilting. Do you think you would ever get tired and stop quilting. Or is it because I don't have the the time I want to devote to quilting that I am dreaming. Maybe if I had the time I would be wanting to do something else. I used to knit and crochet but I have almost put that totally down for quilting. I couldn't see myself ever getting tired of quilting. What about you?
    I have sewed all my life; and have done all kinds, apparel, wedding gowns, home dec. and now quilting. If I "get tired" of something it is because I am tired of that particular type. It just means I am ready for a new challenge, even half square triangles :roll: :lol:
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:49 AM
    Power Poster

It depends on the quilt and who's doing it. I was really busy with this year doing 20 projects, I only have 4 left to quilt and bind in Jan. This year I was trying to get rid of some scrap material and everytime I finish each quilt and I trimmed the backing I got more scrap material. As for me I need the fast pace quilts that I can get done quickly. The quilts with lots of pieces in one block I think is too tedious for me. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful, but maybe not for me to do. So to answer your question is, yes I think I can get tired of quilting/sewing, but I give myself a break like this month for instance and other party months that I may have to clean the house and I will be ready to get going. All it take is to wake up Christmas morning and open a present with a pattern or quilting book in it and I am ready to figure out the next project.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM

I have been piecing quilts for about 30 years and quilting for the last 11. And NO I have never got tired of quilting! My eyes may get tired, my neck or sholders may get sore but given a little rest I'm ready to quilt again.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM

Get tired of quilting? No. Get tired of doing the same quilt? Definitely. I'm currently working on a top which consists of just sewing squares together. Sometimes, I just want something that's not a square! Which is why I am working on more than one project at the same time.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM

Yes and I do sometimes. Then I do some other craft like scrapbooking for a while (until I get sick of it). I used to make dolls and stuff to sell and I got really sick of doing that-it's not as much fun when you have to do it.