Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns? >
  • Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns?

• Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns?

Old 08-09-2012, 05:54 PM

I prefer the patterns with multiple sizes already included.
    Old 08-09-2012, 07:38 PM

I wish they would always include King Size patterns and not just Queen. Not all patterns and borders are easy to enlarge. I quit buying patterns that don't include King directions.
    Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest
    What is your opinion?

I was listening to an interview with a designer of quilt patterns explain that she has found that many quilter's want directions for multiple sized quilts included with patterns. She went on to say that many quilt designs being sold individually or in books include directions are for just one or two sized quilts.

Okay... "My name is Onalee and I'm math challenged."

I find it personally frustrating to find that many patterns include directions for just one size quilt. With the cost of quilting books and patterns ever increasing, I would like the math done in the the book/pattern to make different sized quilts. So I agree with the designer that was being interviewed, that I for one prefer different options when I purchase a book or pattern.

I agree, like the multiple sizes in clothing patterns. I think that's a great idea, if we could just get this across to the designers and book publishers.
    Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 PM

I'd rather have the different sizes listed in the pattern . But I've made many quilts and figured out the math myself.
    Old 08-09-2012, 09:16 PM

I would definitely like to see different size options included in my patterns - I like to make my quilts big (king) and I hate trying to figure out how much more material to buy ....
    Old 08-10-2012, 03:06 AM

Yes, I love the patterns that give directions for different size quilts. The advantage to that (rather than just adding blocks to the existing pattern) is that it also gives yardages for the fabrics needed.
    Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 AM

So what I am hearing everyone say is you want multiple sizes in the pattern. Do you want directions for each size? Or do you want one size say lap/full size written with changes for each size after the written pattern or during each step. I am trying to visualize the way to go about this without having it end up too confusing! Suggestions please! Luann
    Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM

I would love to see multi-sized patterns. Me and "MATH" are not on friendly terms and I would love not only various sizes but sizes of the blocks. I do mainly wall sized quilts and some of the blocks are just too big and I don't speak to "MATH" to down size them. lol
    Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 AM

The "math" of the quilt is not as hard for me as the quantity of fabric required. I'd like to have a formula to use that would help me in buying for quilts I "design" myself. I think it's good to buy too much fabric, but I do get tired of using the same leftovers from my stash.
    Old 08-10-2012, 10:02 AM

I like the idea of having multiple sizes. As one who almost always increases the size of the finished quilt, sometimes it would be nice If I did not have to do all the figuring to make it bigger.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!