Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • does any one use quilting software >
  • does any one use quilting software

• does any one use quilting software

Old 10-02-2010, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by dolores
    Hi Ladies, just curious does any one own any quilting software? Do you like it?
    I have EQ5,EQ6 and EQ7 and I love them all. The baby quilt I have put on here to get input is one of the couple I designed using the EQ7. I was able to put the actual fabric I want to use downloaded into the computer so I can see what it will really look like. it is great.
    Old 10-02-2010, 01:12 AM

I have EQ5. It is good to use, but won't be upgrading as the $$ are better spent on fabric. I can get enough of an idea with this program.
    Old 10-02-2010, 04:04 AM

I am not sure what the quilt software is or does, I just know I can't spend anymore for awhile. I can't learned about any new tools right now, yikes! I just brought a big box container of embrodiery thread. $90 but I got it 50% off. Not bad I know, but considering I just bought embrodiery thread last week. I got to stay home!!! If I did that I might actually get something made. Ok, well it won't hurt to ask, "what does this software do"? not that I am going to buy any!!!!
    Old 10-02-2010, 04:47 AM

Years ago I bought Blockbase and used it all the time, that grew up into EQ5 6 and 7 which my daughter uses. She plans every quilt with EQ and likes seeing all the fabric that can be purchased and used.
    I do mostly scrap quilts now for charity but I still have Blockbase.

Carol J.
    Old 10-02-2010, 04:51 AM

I have EQ6 just ordered the EQ7 upgrade, can't wait to get it, I use it all the time, each block and quilt get plugged in and that way I know exactly how everything is going to look.
    Old 10-02-2010, 05:13 AM

I bought it too but am a slow learner. I think the layering throws me off. I will learn it, but I wish I knew others that do use it to ask questions of.
    Old 10-02-2010, 05:15 AM

Yes, I do quite often. I have EQ7 and quite often plan my quilts out in it. Also have several block pattern programs - Block Base, Foundation Factory - use them quite often for blocks and sizes.
    Old 10-02-2010, 05:26 AM

I started out with Quilt Wizard and have really enjoyed using it. Recently treated myself to EQ7 and have not really learned how to use it to anywhere near it's full potential yet.

But I would definitely recommend trying Quilt Wizard first if you aren't sure whether you would use a quilt design program. It was sufficient for me for the first couple years I had it, but I discovered I wanted the extra features enough to go on and spend the money.
    Old 10-02-2010, 05:27 AM
    KR

I had Quilt Pro 5 for about a week and it was OK for the money....sometimes you get what you pay for.

Then happened onto a good price for EQ7 and really glad to have it! It works more like a desktop publishing program than QP. I'm still learning all the details, but the PDF lessons are excellent and walk you through the learning process step by step. Fabric downloads from EQ are available for the past 3 or 4 years, too. If you're considering a program, I would highly recommend EQ.
    Old 10-02-2010, 05:54 AM

It looks like you guys like the EQ7 software. I use a Mac computer and a lot of these software companys write software for PC's. Anybody know if EQ7 will work on a Mac. I can go online and do some research but thought somebody might know here.