Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Does anyone else hate their Bernina? >
  • Does anyone else hate their Bernina?

• Does anyone else hate their Bernina?

Old 06-16-2024, 06:12 AM
    Power Poster

As much as I love my Berninas there is no way I'd spend that much for the new one. YIKES!
    Old 06-16-2024, 06:41 AM

I paid $600 for a brand new Bernina 215 (granted it was on sale). I paid between $2000 and $3000 for my Bernina 475, and I traded in my Bernina 570 for the 590. I can't remember the prices but I think the 590 suggested asking price now is about $8000 so yeah, the 23,000 dollar one is top of the line. We will soon know what that 23,000 brings you. I heard it includes a 4 wheel trolley for the machine plus one for the embroidery unit. Oh, A trolley came with my 475 that matches the decals on 475

Last edited by sewingpup; 06-16-2024 at 06:46 AM.
    Old 06-16-2024, 07:02 AM
    Power Poster

As much as I love my Berninas there is no way I'd spend that much for the new one. YIKES!

One of my guild members bought the new Brother Luminaire. She has really bad teeth. They look bad too. Complains about them causing her so much trouble and hurt all the time. She acts like the victim because the dentist wants to much to fix them. She sews in style with bad teeth.
    Old 06-16-2024, 08:26 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone

One of my guild members bought the new Brother Luminaire. She has really bad teeth. They look bad too. Complains about them causing her so much trouble and hurt all the time. She acts like the victim because the dentist wants to much to fix them. She sews in style with bad teeth.
    Know of somebody that bought a fincy three-wheel motorccle (Iare they tricycles?) that had really bad teeth.

When people are barely scraping by on 'essentials' - bad teetch is understandable.

We all have our prioritities -
    Old 06-16-2024, 10:48 AM

well, my addiction is to sewing machines! Yikes! However, I never buy them on time and the crazy thing is a lot of my comfortable everyday clothes have holes in them! I do not like mending! People are strange beings, aren't they? I jokingly tell people that I think drinking and smoking would have been cheaper than my quilting addiction and my heirs would not have to deal with what to do with the fabric and machine stash.
    Old 06-20-2024, 09:34 AM

OK, I just got an email about a new Bernette Straight stitch only machine coming out. It only does straight stitch, it stiches at 1600 stitches per minute. Limited info has been released...but...I am going to stay tuned.
    Old 06-20-2024, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup
    OK, I just got an email about a new Bernette Straight stitch only machine coming out. It only does straight stitch, it stiches at 1600 stitches per minute. Limited info has been released...but...I am going to stay tuned.
    I'll be curious to see what their price point is. I have a mechanical Brother that is a straight-stitch only at 1500 spm, it's a workhorse and my favorite machine, and you can buy them new for about $700.

Last edited by Peckish; 06-20-2024 at 09:56 AM.
    Old 06-20-2024, 11:02 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewingpup
    well, my addiction is to sewing machines! Yikes! However, I never buy them on time and the crazy thing is a lot of my comfortable everyday clothes have holes in them! I do not like mending! People are strange beings, aren't they? I jokingly tell people that I think drinking and smoking would have been cheaper than my quilting addiction and my heirs would not have to deal with what to do with the fabric and machine stash.
    I guess an addiction is an addiction. Some addictions cause more problems than others.

As I see it, the problem with acquisition addictions is where to store all the goodies after acquiring them.

I am in the "recovering fabriholic" phase of my life now.
    Old 06-20-2024, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    I'll be curious to see what their price point is. I have a mechanical Brother that is a straight-stitch only at 1500 spm, it's a workhorse and my favorite machine, and you can buy them new for about $700.
    looking at the picture they released, it looked a bit similar to my old Viking Mega-quilter in the outside design. No screen, Looks maybe like a thread cutter, and a needle/down/up setting. A lever for reverse? On the mega quilter I had, that lever was positioned so you could use your elbow to trigger reverse. Anyway, these are all guesses. Says it has a "powerful motor". There is a big extension table.
    Old 06-20-2024, 11:17 AM

Another question for Quilting Sunshine...does holding the thread tails/thread bunny prevent that "clunk" sound when you start sewing? What causes that?